NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Anyone want to look at a few scans?
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Anyone want to look at a few scans?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 PCM/Engine Computer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightryder
Master Level
Master Level
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.81

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject:  Anyone want to look at a few scans? Reply with quote

It would be best if you have HPTuners, but I can convert them for DHP but I don't know if you'll be able to see my WB readouts.

I need someone to bounce ideas off of. I initially changed my MAF and IFR tables and the car was running pretty damn well, WB read 13-15 AFR and was only about 3% off from commanded. Then I removed some DTC's and s**t went down hill Laughing WB started reading full rich with a ~41% error Shocked I also had a starting issue it didn't want to restart, all it did was crank. I came back a day later, flashed the "good" tune and it starts fine (I think it was a security issue). I checked my oil and it was saturated in fuel again, but no where near as bad as before. I don't know if it was because of the cranking, running rich, or a leaky injector.

Today I upped the idle, removed some engine torque management, and copied in an L67 timing table (high octane). I also re-calibrated the WB sensor. It seems to be running fine again but the WB still reads full rich. The STFT's are around +/- 5 and LTFT's are pretty consistent at +10. I also have an exhaust leak at the DP connection (before the WB). It doesn't make any sense why it's reading full rich.

So if anyone wants to take a stab at it, send me your email and i'll send you the scans.

Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.25

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Not sure if your issue is related to this or not, but since you said you disbled some dtc's it's a possibility... http://www.grandprixforums.net.....-7092.html

nightryder
Master Level
Master Level

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

jw319901 wrote:
Not sure if your issue is related to this or not, but since you said you disbled some dtc's it's a possibility... http://www.grandprixforums.net.....-7092.html

Nope, didn't touch any O2 sensor codes....EGR, EVAP, Secondary AIR, and I set the P0300 to no MIL light so I could still scan for misfires. It's running with all DTC's enabled now, still the same problems.

Master Level
Master Level

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Still having issues.

Exhaust leaks are fixed for the most part, still a slight leak on cold start-up (I think it's the DP to cat-back connection...shouldn't screw with my trims too much though as it goes away once warm.

The fuel in the oil was from the excessive cranking as far as I can tell.

My LC-1 is still on the rag. It read right after I calibrated it but now it's back to reading full rich again. I'm about to throw the damn thing over the rainbow.

I changed the gear ratio, fan settings, and re-deleted the DTC's.

It idles pretty damn good, almost like it did in stock form. It drives absolutely fine (put about 30 miles on it just getting things worked in). No boost, max of 20% TPS. However, my LTFT's are maxing out at +16.4 when driving...which is indicative of one or more of the following:

- Vac leak....My IAC's at idle (warmed up) are mostly at 90+ but drop into the 80's once in awhile my MAP values are in the high 40 to low 50 KPA and my boost gauge reads 13-15" at idle. So I don't think it's a vac leak.

-Faulty O2....it's brand new (Ac-delco), could be faulty but it's a long shot.

-Exhaust leak before O2....My O2 is in my crossover so that leaves the crossover connection and the front header, I can't hear a leak at either location. I re-torqued them and it's still the same (they didn't back out at all). So I don't think that's it either.

It could be a fuel pressure/injector issue, I don't think it's the injectors and my FPR is new (haven't verified pressure yet). I supposed I could have gotten my IFR wrong but I believe it's right...anyone have a 42.5# IFR table in g/sec or lb/hr that I can compare to?

I suppose the MAF could be off enough to cause it but i'm not going to touch that until I can get my bastard child of a wide band working.

I'm stocked full of scans someone can look at too.... Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 PCM/Engine Computer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: