NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Intermittent (Delayed) Wiper Issue
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Intermittent (Delayed) Wiper Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potsey2007

Posts per day: 0

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject:  Intermittent (Delayed) Wiper Issue Reply with quote

I have been having some issues with my wiper delay on a 2000 Impala. 90% of the time the wipers will go in the low constant speed and the delays all go the same speed as that. High speed goes high, however. The wipers also get stuck in the up position when I go to turn them off and sometimes when I turn them on. When I flip the wipers back on then off then they usually go back down to the correct position. Lastly, when I flip the wipers off, they usually keep going for about 5-6 more cycles before actually turning off. It is a pretty annoying issue since the wipers are almost always wiping more often than I need them to.

So, what would your guys' opinions be on what I should do? Could it be the wiper motor, wiper transmission, or multifunction switch? Something else? Some simple fix? Please help! Thank you!
crossedflagscrazy

Posts per day: 0

2000 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Chevrolet Impala
2008 Chevrolet Cobalt
1984 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject:  Wiper Delay Issue Reply with quote

That's exactly what happened to my 2000.The problem is the Pulse Control Module.It's a relatively easy fix but is a bear if you've never done it before.So I'm gonna save you a lotta grief and second guessing.First,remove the wiper arms,being careful not to nick the glass.Remove all the washer tubing,etc, and both cowl covers.Remove the water shield over the motor. Now remove the bolts holding the linkage in place.The linkage will not roll out of the cowl because of the dip in the bottom edge of the glass.Look at either side of the wiper arm posts and you will see phillips head screws.Remove them and the linkages will separate as you rotate the linkage out of the cowl.The Pulse Control Module is located under the motor and is held in place with 3 Torxscrews.Unplug the harness,then remove the module.Re-distribute some of the grease onto the spiral drive gear.Run a bead of RTV in the groove around the housing,then install the new module and re-connect the harness.Be sure to route the wiring harness under the motor exactly the way it came out,and rotate the linkages back into the cowl..Replace the 4 Phillips head screws to re-mate the linkages and bolt the linkage back down.Now try the wipers before you put anything else back together.They should cycle,delay,park correctly,etc.Now you can put everything else back together in the revrese order.The best place to buy the module is Rock Auto online.Good Luck,hope this helps.
habermehl
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.51

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

awsome same problem do you have pictures by chance i dont know what half those words mean

billy101 wrote:
Conner wrote:
how do the dealer's expect us to get the cars there if they don 't run at all?

Tow Truck?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: