NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Making on order with ZZP anything else i should order
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Making on order with ZZP anything else i should order

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob5389
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.02

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject:  Making on order with ZZP anything else i should order Reply with quote

Well I'm ordering a few things just need to know if i need anything else before i put the order through and is that the right down pipe to order

first off ZZP Down Pipe 3" bolt in with cat with o2 bung in off road pipe and front and rear gaskets
Autolite 104s
180* thermostat with gasket
3.4 press on supercharger pulley
Easy Performance PCM Tray

think that should do it but just wanted to make sure, going to have the pcm done when everything comes in and hopefully have it all done for the NY meet
thanks for the help guys

Rob
whitelightnin04MC
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 1.57

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2009 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Do you have a PLOG? You'd be better off with a 3.6" pulley with just a 3" downpipe.

Resident Prick, at your service.
SS - Corsa Catback, RT 3" DP, CC T304 PLOG, Wizaired, ZZP Offset Polys, GMPP Koni Kit, Hella Projectrofits, PT, ZZP HVTB, 10.4's
RobzSS
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.18

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

do you have an air intake yet? I would buy the Modular Pulley system so you can change pulleys easier if you decide to go further.

A 3.4" pulley is too small without a PLOG or tune. Do you have a way to scan for KR?

ZZP 3" 304SS Downpipe, ZZP CC PLOG, K&N FIPK Intake, AL 104s, 180* Thermostat, Overkill PCM.
Rob5389
Cadet
Cadet

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

im doing the tune probally when everything comes in, then tune it then install everything might get the plog but then i need a crossover and what else?

not sure who to have the tune got a kinda quick email from overkill but not sure going to try emailing him again and see how fast i can get it done. what else would be good place for tune
RobzSS
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.18

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

You don't need a crossover for the PLOG. You can always go with Intense Racing for your tune.

ZZP 3" 304SS Downpipe, ZZP CC PLOG, K&N FIPK Intake, AL 104s, 180* Thermostat, Overkill PCM.
whitelightnin04MC
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 1.57

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2009 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Rob5389 wrote:
im doing the tune probally when everything comes in, then tune it then install everything might get the plog but then i need a crossover and what else?

not sure who to have the tune got a kinda quick email from overkill but not sure going to try emailing him again and see how fast i can get it done. what else would be good place for tune

Bottom line is that you'll probably see KR on a 3.4 with just a 3" downpipe. If you have it tuned for those mods, whoever does it is going to retard your timing to the point where you'd be slower than if you'd gone with a slightly larger pulley.

The best equation I can give you is this:

All else will end in failure.

Resident Prick, at your service.
SS - Corsa Catback, RT 3" DP, CC T304 PLOG, Wizaired, ZZP Offset Polys, GMPP Koni Kit, Hella Projectrofits, PT, ZZP HVTB, 10.4's
Wingman520
Guru
Guru
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 1.17

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Im With Stupid 3.6 or just getting a MPS overall so u can change pulleys is ur best bet

2001 Chevy Impala- 186K Retired: 180 T stat, HV3, Wizaired Intake, GMPP Exhaust, Speed Daddy Headers, 1.9 Yella Terra Rockers, Custom LED interior, BBEngineering.com 6 Pod Cluster, Poly Mounts and Bushings, Dyno Tuned by Dyno Brian @ Dyno Tune Motorsports 181 WHP 230 WTQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rob5389
Cadet
Cadet

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

ouch just went from $350 to $522 shipped might get the 3.6 and wait to get a used plog for cheap or wait and get it new down the road and the 3.4 .thanks for the help guys about how much hp will it put down between the 3.4 and 3.6 don't want to do ricer math and add up what the sites say

whitelightnin04MC i made that my wallpaper that was good
scottb1982
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.11

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Rob5389 wrote:
...and wait to get a used plog for cheap or wait and get it new down the road and the 3.4

From what I've seen, most of the used plogs have hairline cracks or rust in them already, which you would need/want to fix before installing. The new stainless ones might be better if you find those used. You might be lucky and find a used plog without issues, like I did, but almost every other one I've seen on here has cracks forming already. Besides, I think the stainless would look better! Twisted Evil
Dan
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.31

1991 Jeep Cherokee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

That sheet steel PCM tray ZZP sells sucks. You can get one from a dealer for a Camaro for less and it fits properly.

Wingman520
Guru
Guru
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 1.17

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

scottb1982 wrote:
Rob5389 wrote:
...and wait to get a used plog for cheap or wait and get it new down the road and the 3.4

From what I've seen, most of the used plogs have hairline cracks or rust in them already, which you would need/want to fix before installing. The new stainless ones might be better if you find those used. You might be lucky and find a used plog without issues, like I did, but almost every other one I've seen on here has cracks forming already. Besides, I think the stainless would look better! Twisted Evil

yes you were lucky to find a good one Wink and i think the stainless might hold up better as well at least long term wise

2001 Chevy Impala- 186K Retired: 180 T stat, HV3, Wizaired Intake, GMPP Exhaust, Speed Daddy Headers, 1.9 Yella Terra Rockers, Custom LED interior, BBEngineering.com 6 Pod Cluster, Poly Mounts and Bushings, Dyno Tuned by Dyno Brian @ Dyno Tune Motorsports 181 WHP 230 WTQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: