NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Traction control issue
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Traction control issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbow73

Posts per day: 0.01

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject:  Traction control issue Reply with quote

Ok i have had my 2005 imp. giving me a little trouble. My traction control light keeps coming on and then the ABS light comes on i took it in and they replaced the hub and sensor. I picked it up and the next day it happened again so i took it back they replaced it with new parts and it ran good for two days and now im getting those lights again. They hooked it up to the scanner and it says front right wheel is spinning faster then the others so they are fixing what it says except it keeps trippin does anyone have any ideas why?
labriola
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.36

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Cavalier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

u paid already right? let them figure it out

Posts per day: 0.01

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yes i have paid but at the same time its becoming a pain in the neck.
labriola
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.36

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Cavalier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Traction Control Warning Light
Email Print
Traction control systems are very common in vehicles today. The traction control system uses a computer to detect whether one or more of the wheels have begun to slip and loose traction. Loss of traction commonly occurs in either snow or ice when a moving wheel hits some ice and begins to slip. When this lack of traction occurs the traction control system shifts the power from the wheel that is slipping to the wheel, or wheels, that are still gripping. This transfer of power keeps the vehicle moving safely in the desired direction.

The Bulb Check: Traction Control Warning Light

As the ignition key is rotated through the phases of OFF, RUN and START, a systems bulb check is activated. The traction control system light should illuminate for 1-2 seconds and then go out as the vehicle is started and begins to run. If the light stays on it either means that the system is deactivated, or, there is a problem in the traction control system.

What to Do: Traction Control Warning Light

If the traction control light comes on intermittently, there is a problem that may not be 'hard coded' and isn't yet a permanent condition. When the traction control light is illuminating, the system may not be fully operational so extra caution is needed in adverse road conditions.

Many traction control systems will illuminate the warning light when the system detects a loss of traction like in snowy or rainy weather. Typically the light is seen when the system intervenes to maintain traction. It is a good idea to read the section in your vehicle owner's manual to familiarize yourself with how your traction or stability system operates.

If the traction control light illuminates and stays lit without blinking, this means that the traction control system has been deactivated and there is no traction control available. There may even be a message broadcast by the driver information center warning that the traction control system is shut down and to use extra caution when driving, especially in water, ice and snow.

The only way to properly resolve either of the above conditions is to have the vehicle properly diagnosed at a qualified repair shop. Always have the repair shop do a full computer systems scan. It may not necessarily be a fault in the traction control system that is setting the light. Sometimes a fault in the engine management system first shows up in the traction control system, such as, an intermittently defective throttle position sensor in the electronic throttle control.

The basic mechanical components of the power train system must also be properly inspected. Anything that would cause a rough and jerky application of power can cause wheel slip, which means that worn drive lines, axles and constant velocity joints are suspect. Even a harsh transmission shift or badly misfiring engine can cause wheel spin and illuminate the traction control light.

source:http://repairpal.com/traction-.....ning-light[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: