NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Linthicum, MD , some one tell me about it....
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Linthicum, MD , some one tell me about it....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Regional Discussion -> Northeast
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chevimpala00
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.18

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject:  Linthicum, MD , some one tell me about it.... Reply with quote

I've read online about it....but I was wondering if anyone has 1st hand knowledge or what its like there. Looking to transfer from Utica, NY to anywhere available with in my company. There are approx 29 postings nation wide so I narrowed it down to about 3. The 2 other places I know about. So tell me whatever you might know...

If anyone cares I now officially work for LabCorp. The local laboratory that I worked for was just purchased by them late 2009. Anyone else here work for them? Approx 29k strong nation wide.

chevimpala00
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.18

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Doesn't sound very good if no one knows anything....must be just like Utica,NY

IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.67

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It's just outside of Baltimore, so it can't be all that bad. I almost ended up in Baltimore for grad school, so I spent a little bit of time looking around the area. Personally, I really enjoy Baltimore and the surrounding area. I've also got a friend that lives in Silver Spring now and he doesn't have anything negative to say about the area (other than hating the snow).

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
trypsix

Posts per day: 0.01

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Baltimore is a stinking cesspool that needs to be wiped off the map with God's cigarette butt. (Save for Hopkins and the aquarium)

I don't know much about Linthicum itself (it near BWI airport, so you might hear air traffic) but other areas a little further south and west out are pretty good. Elkridge, Columbia, Ellicott City, Glen Burnie, Hanover. The penalty though is it gets more expensive.
whitelightnin04MC
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 1.61

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2009 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

trypsix wrote:
Baltimore is a stinking cesspool that needs to be wiped off the map with God's cigarette butt. (Save for Hopkins and the aquarium)

THIS.

Most people I meet from the Baltimore area, save for a few people, end up being referred to as "Baltimorons".

Some people can handle the city, others can't. Personally, I like it quiet so Baltimore is out for me. Living closer to DC, I never really went to Baltimore for anything. I have friends that live there now and love it. There aren't too many reasons for me to come up to Baltimore from my house.

Resident Prick, at your service.
SS - Corsa Catback, RT 3" DP, CC T304 PLOG, Wizaired, ZZP Offset Polys, GMPP Koni Kit, Hella Projectrofits, PT, ZZP HVTB, 10.4's
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.67

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I guess living in Milwaukee gave me whatever I needed to tolerate Baltimore... didn't realize the perception of the city was so bad.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
whitelightnin04MC
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 1.61

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2009 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

IffyG wrote:
I guess living in Milwaukee gave me whatever I needed to tolerate Baltimore... didn't realize the perception of the city was so bad.

I guess it's because the few people I know from Baltimore are such close-minded bigots. With the city being so filled with crime, it's not anywhere I'd like to visit for a while. I know DC has a lot of crime too, but I work there and know some of the safer areas. And I guess the drawback for Baltimore is that I'd have to drive there to do anything. With DC, I can hop on a Metro train and get almost anywhere.

Resident Prick, at your service.
SS - Corsa Catback, RT 3" DP, CC T304 PLOG, Wizaired, ZZP Offset Polys, GMPP Koni Kit, Hella Projectrofits, PT, ZZP HVTB, 10.4's
xJoe LS2x
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.31

1989 Ford F150
2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
1997 Acura Integra
2008 Honda Accord
2011 Dodge Charger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

lithicum is a nice area. not city infested but not great suburbs either. My buddy owns a house in lithicum and its a nice area, and pretty quiet. the city is pure trash, so unfortunately you'll be around it but there are actually nice areas in the burbs of baltimore... i live near bwi in hanover.... pretty nice area, just alot of people

i am the artist formerly known as xXIMPALA USAXx ! Smile
2004 Chevrolet Impala - Sold Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Regional Discussion -> Northeast All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: