NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Fuel pump sensor assembly
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Fuel pump sensor assembly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Berry03LS

Posts per day: 0

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject:  Fuel pump sensor assembly Reply with quote

Well I bought a new fuel pump sensor assembly from USautoparts. They have the same part no. as the ones from Advance Auto and Auto Zone sell but about a 100.00 cheaper. I paid 150.00 for it with no sales tax and free shipping.

I have had the same fuel guage problem, but now it is just sitting on full and then all of the sudden it goes to empty when sitting at a red light and the low fuel light comes on. Give it gas and it goes back to full.

I have the removable panel in the trunk to get at it easily. The only thing I am wondering is how the fuel lines disconnect?????? I am changing the fuel filter as well. I have 87000 miles on the car and it is an 03 LS. I think the fuel filter is original.

I know my gas milage has went down steadily around town. On the highway I still get 30 mpg if I drive conservatively, but in town my milage has went down from 22 to about 18 in the last year. So maybe a filter change and pump change might help milage some.

chevyguy8893
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.03

2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

They should be quick disconnect plastic clips. They don't require any special tools to disconnect them. Just make sure you relieve the fuel pressure first or you will be smelling it in your car for a while. Your mileage should pick up a little with a new pump and filter. If you want a little more mileage go pick up a spray can of GM top engine cleaner from a dealer and spray that into the throttle body following the instructions to clean out the carbon buildup. This stuff is like seafoam, just better, I use it at work on customer cars and on my own vehicles all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: