NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Are Newer 2006 & Up Models As Well Built as Older Ones
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Are Newer 2006 & Up Models As Well Built as Older Ones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallguy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.05

2010 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject:  Are Newer 2006 & Up Models As Well Built as Older Ones Reply with quote

I love the older Impalas (own 2005) and when I make the jump in the future (distant future, say couple of years). Are the new model Impalas as good as the older generation or did they cheapen them up in so many areas.

I am not exactly fond of the new body style but I can get over that or work on the body to suite me in some way. Is there the same quality and room in the newer ones?

Any know problems with certain newer ones.

Regards
Specter
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.47

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Only things I can think of off the top of my head are tranny issues.

SSGOAT
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.54

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Excursion
2005 Pontiac GTO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

2006 impalas have the most tranny problems
uhh i beleive they gave more trunk space but sacrificed a lil rear passenger space for it..

unless ur getting a good deal id suggest getting a g8, v6 or v8 still great car imo, wish it were easy for me to just take it to a dealer and trade lol

veeeeeeeeeeeeeeee teeeeeehhhhkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fallguy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.05

2010 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I started getting on the trail for a G8 but found many of them develop a vibration at 50-65 mph.

Nobody has nailed down the problem. If somebody had the fix I would love a G8. They have tried drive shaft alignments, road force balancing, new tires, ball joints and nothing seems to pin it down to any one thing.

I'll likely keep running my imp sometime but trying to figure out the next jump down the road.

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: