NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - ss cluster for my base impala if not you wanna buy it?
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

ss cluster for my base impala if not you wanna buy it?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
esx503
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.03

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject:  ss cluster for my base impala if not you wanna buy it? Reply with quote

i wanna know if this is going to fit my car if not how much can you give me for it?
i have an 05 impala by the way.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors.....MEWNX%3AIT
sumdude
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.51

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Cadillac STS
2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

itl work for your car. only thing that wont work is the oil pressure gauge if you have a 3400 engine, if you have a 3800 itl work 100%

SuperCharged 9c1 | Tuned | SD Headers
Next time you get pulled over and you know you have illegal tint Follow these instructions: Tie a string around your power window fuse, and after you roll down your drivers window yank the fuse, which will render your windows inoperable. They can't test the film if the meter can't fit over it.
EMMJAY
Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.65

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Dodge Magnum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

u won that for $30???????? im jealouss lol

helldorado wrote:
EMMJAY, your car is coming together nicely as well!

Frank4202 wrote:
EMMJAY, you and I have always had the same taste in cars Hang Head 2
snook
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.48

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1985 Chevrolet Blazer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thats not an Impala ss cluster, its a Monte ss cluster. The imp ss's have Boost guage, not a volt guage. All this money your wasting trying to look like an SS is just plain stupid imo.... Especially buying things then seeing if they will work, do some research first, then buy it.
esx503
Cadet
Cadet

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

snook wrote:
Thats not an Impala ss cluster, its a Monte ss cluster. The imp ss's have Boost guage, not a volt guage. All this money your wasting trying to look like an SS is just plain stupid imo.... Especially buying things then seeing if they will work, do some research first, then buy it.

TY VERY MUCH FOR YOUR 2CENTS BUT IF YOU READ VERY WELL THE TOPIC IT SAYS SS I DID NOT SPECIFY MC OR IMPALA. ARE YOU TRYING TO TEACH ME THAT THE MC OR IMPALA DOESNT COME SC TIL 04-05? 03 BACK DOES NOT COME SC? WOOOOOWW TY VERY MUCH YOU HAVE ENLIGHTENED MY LIFE WITH THOSE TEACHINGS, TRY TO BE SMART SOMEWHERE ELSE.

P.S. I HAVE THE MONEY TO "WASTE".
impala219
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.15

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1960 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

esx503 wrote:

TY VERY MUCH FOR YOUR 2CENTS BUT IF YOU READ VERY WELL THE TOPIC IT SAYS SS I DID NOT SPECIFY MC OR IMPALA. ARE YOU TRYING TO TEACH ME THAT THE MC OR IMPALA DOESNT COME SC TIL 04-05? 03 BACK DOES NOT COME SC? WOOOOOWW TY VERY MUCH YOU HAVE ENLIGHTENED MY LIFE WITH THOSE TEACHINGS, TRY TO BE SMART SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Not trying to be a jerk but, theres no need for all the caps.

whitelightnin04MC
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 1.61

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2009 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It'll work. If you've got the 3400, the oil pressure won't work. You'll need to have the mileage programmed though.

Resident Prick, at your service.
SS - Corsa Catback, RT 3" DP, CC T304 PLOG, Wizaired, ZZP Offset Polys, GMPP Koni Kit, Hella Projectrofits, PT, ZZP HVTB, 10.4's
snook
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.48

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1985 Chevrolet Blazer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

esx503 wrote:
snook wrote:

If money is falling out of your ass, why do you have a regular imp and not an ss??, or even a new car. Why not a big high dollar vehicle, go sell some more bullsh*t some where else. Your getting no where fast on here, you have already proved your a tard in your other thread, and the caps lock makes you look like mor of an ass.
esx503
Cadet
Cadet

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

snook wrote:
esx503 wrote:
snook wrote:

If money is falling out of your ass, why do you have a regular imp and not an ss??, or even a new car. Why not a big high dollar vehicle, go sell some more bullsh*t some where else. Your getting no where fast on here, you have already proved your a tard in your other thread, and the caps lock makes you look like mor of an ass.

sorry dude, dont jump out the screen and beat me now, and what does the caps have tho do with it? anyways im not here to start a cyber shoot out haha. peace out
Sabrewings
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 4.01

2004 Chevrolet Impala
2009 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

esx503 wrote:
what does the caps have tho do with it?

It's rude.

By the way, that cluster will only partially work in your car. The oil pressure gauge won't work and the brake light will be on constantly. Since you have a 2005, you need a 2002-2005 cluster for the brake light to work properly. That cluster is out of a 2000.

Then there's the mileage programming.

Still Imp'n, just with a different Imp.
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.66

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If you are dead set on an SS cluster, you should probably talk to BBEngineer. He can sell you an LED upgrade cluster with the mileage transfer already complete.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
Wingman520
Guru
Guru
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 1.21

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

IffyG wrote:
If you are dead set on an SS cluster, you should probably talk to BBEngineer. He can sell you an LED upgrade cluster with the mileage transfer already complete.

and for a good price since everything is in working order and the internal motors are new Smile

2001 Chevy Impala- 186K Retired: 180 T stat, HV3, Wizaired Intake, GMPP Exhaust, Speed Daddy Headers, 1.9 Yella Terra Rockers, Custom LED interior, BBEngineering.com 6 Pod Cluster, Poly Mounts and Bushings, Dyno Tuned by Dyno Brian @ Dyno Tune Motorsports 181 WHP 230 WTQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
esx503
Cadet
Cadet

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Sabrewings wrote:
esx503 wrote:

It's rude.

By the way, that cluster will only partially work in your car. The oil pressure gauge won't work and the brake light will be on constantly. Since you have a 2005, you need a 2002-2005 cluster for the brake light to work properly. That cluster is out of a 2000.

o crap my bad, didnt mean to offend no one. anyways i guess im just gonna have to get rid of that cluster anyways then. but i got it for cheap, so i guess i can sell it quick without making any profit. i dont want my brake light to be on.
sumdude
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.51

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Cadillac STS
2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

esx503 wrote:
Sabrewings wrote:
esx503 wrote:

It's rude.

o crap my bad, didnt mean to offend no one. anyways i guess im just gonna have to get rid of that cluster anyways then. but i got it for cheap, so i guess i can sell it quick without making any profit. i dont want my brake light to be on.

Your brake like wont be on. The "Brake" light on the cluster will be constantly illuminated. You can still use it however. I have a base model impala with a SS cluster in mines. Boost Gauge and Oil Pressure doesnt work for me.

SuperCharged 9c1 | Tuned | SD Headers
Next time you get pulled over and you know you have illegal tint Follow these instructions: Tie a string around your power window fuse, and after you roll down your drivers window yank the fuse, which will render your windows inoperable. They can't test the film if the meter can't fit over it.
REDLINE
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.36

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2000 GMC Sierra
2001 Chevrolet S10
1994 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

snook wrote:

Your getting no where fast on here, you have already proved your a tard in your other thread, and the caps lock makes you look like mor of an ass.

*You're. x2 Hide

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: