NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Remote starter??
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Remote starter??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshww34
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.06

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject:  Remote starter?? Reply with quote

The car already had a remote starter when I bought it. A few days before christmas it stopped working. I would hit the lock button twice to start it and it would try to start it but it wouldn't start. When I got in the car the security light started flashing. After trying the remote starter several times and having to wait for the security thing to reset one of my friends told me to hit the switch under the dash. I did and the security thing stopped. Now my remote starter wouldn't even try to start the car. Today I put the switch under the dash back to the way it was and the remote starter is working fine. Has this happened to anybody before? Also. the guy I bought the car from said he paid a lot to have the remote starter put on by a reputable shop and it has a lifetime warranty. Is the issue with the remote starter or my car? Any info would be appreciated.
NUTSgoWEEE
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.29

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I would contact the previous owner and see if the warranty is transferable and what shop installed it. What do you mean the remote starter would "try" and start? Does it crank the starter and the engine wont turn over or does it not even do that?

Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.48

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Infiniti G35
2007 BMW 3 Series
2009 Mercedes-Benz C Class

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

My 2003 has the same problem but my problem is that the passlock bs turns on sometimes. I think you might be having a problem like that on your car. How many miles are on the car?

Vehicles:
2003 Chevy Impala- Current, 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe- Sold, 2007 Yamaha R6s- Sold, 2007 BMW 335i- Current, 2008 Yamaha R1- Current
joshww34
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

NUTSgoWEEE wrote:
I would contact the previous owner and see if the warranty is transferable and what shop installed it. What do you mean the remote starter would "try" and start? Does it crank the starter and the engine wont turn over or does it not even do that?

It cranks the starter and the engine wont turn over. It used to just keep trying until it started (it starts the first time 95% of the time). For a couple weeks it would just try once then I would get in the car and try to start it but the security was flashing. Now after flicking that switch back under the dash its back to normal.

amoffitt wrote:
My 2003 has the same problem but my problem is that the passlock bs turns on sometimes. I think you might be having a problem like that on your car. How many miles are on the car?

I have 90k on my car, its a 2003 as well.
amoffitt
Member Level
Member Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Infiniti G35
2007 BMW 3 Series

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Im thinking it might be the passlock thing.... hmm idk tho because when i removed the brake booster line and tried to remote start it, it did the same thing your talking about.

Vehicles:
2003 Chevy Impala- Current, 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe- Sold, 2007 Yamaha R6s- Sold, 2007 BMW 335i- Current, 2008 Yamaha R1- Current
joshww34
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

amoffitt wrote:
Im thinking it might be the passlock thing.... hmm idk tho because when i removed the brake booster line and tried to remote start it, it did the same thing your talking about.

I'm not sure what it was, everything is back to normal though.....for now atleast. Does anybody know what the switch under the driver side dash is for?
Sabrewings
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 3.95

2004 Chevrolet Impala
2009 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

joshww34 wrote:
amoffitt wrote:

I'm not sure what it was, everything is back to normal though.....for now atleast. Does anybody know what the switch under the driver side dash is for?

Probably a disable switch for the remote start.

Still Imp'n, just with a different Imp.
joshww34
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Sabrewings wrote:
joshww34 wrote:
amoffitt wrote:

Probably a disable switch for the remote start.

Ohhh that makes sense now...thanks
amoffitt
Member Level
Member Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Infiniti G35
2007 BMW 3 Series

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

might be a valet switch, if you have an alarm system its used to disable the alarm if you dont have the remote and you need to get into your car with that alarm armed

Vehicles:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: