NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - dirty car, but a few new mods
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

dirty car, but a few new mods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

New grille, or old billet grille?
New (painted) grille...
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Old (billet) grille
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

tb1203
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.17

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject:  dirty car, but a few new mods Reply with quote

It was raining basically all of my break so I didn't get a chance to wash/ wax the car as hoped, but here is an update on the mods i've done in the past 6 months or so...

New System, two eathquake DBXi-12D's (these are the older models though, not the new one's they have on the website) powered by a Power Acoustik OV2-2600, and ran through a Raptor 1 farad Cap.

I bought this whole setup from my buddy who got a new truck b/c he threw a rod in his old one, and he had to buy short firing subs now. I paid 200 bucks and gave him my old pa system for this setup, so It was not a bad deal, esp because I sold my old kenwood amp for 80 bucks, my old magnum amp/subs for 100 (50 each) so I really only paid 20 bucks for this entire setup..not a bad deal! lol (next time I'm home I will make a video of the sound, its crazyy.

Now, do NOT start another discussion about cap's being a bandaid...I got the cap with the system for an extra 20 bucks, so it was worth the money. And I still plan on getting a 200 amp HO alt. when I can afford it.... had to get that out there lol

Two things..I know the cap has just kinda been tossed in there and wired s**t, and yes I know I am running 8 gauge wire..I plan on fixing both of these when I rewire my amp to my new HU. (the car is not driven much b/c its sitting at home while I am at school)

I bought a new head-unit as well, to finish off my system, I just have not had a chance to install it yet due to a lack of time. This is going to be the first thing on my agenda when I get home for Christmas break.

Incase you didn't see my other post, these are my tinted tail lights. I painted the lense silver a few years ago, to get the look of the covers, and now I went back and tinted the rest.

I also tinted the fogs, the headlights are next in line... (i'm just waiting to replace the halo's with brighter ones b4 i tint)

(note...I was painting my grille in that picture so the middle bar was not on it yet..incase it looks funny lol)

I am ordering a black bow outline for the grill, I think that will really tie it together
and I need to remove that stupid skull license plate frame... lol

My DP cracked a while ago so I had it replaced..no more u-bend Smile

I also made a CAI using a k&n filter, and a modified airbox to block of hot air. I'll have to take a picture of it next time I'm home though.

Future mods:

Just a quick list of the things I will be doing in the near future
HO Alt.
Interior LED's from sauce
Gauges and HVAC from BBE
Tinted headlights
(possibly) magnaflow catback (instead of my straightpipes) with an exhaust cutout
pcm (thinking zzp, possibly overkill though)

My brain is freezing now, and I can't seem to think of my list...lol oh well, you get the basic idea, there's a lot more to come
02LSVP
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.09

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2006 Chevrolet Impala
2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Looking good. I think the grill looks kinda cool the way you have it in the pics

Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.17

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

thanks, I was originally gonna just do the bar black but I thought that idea was kinda cool

EDIT: Just bought a top swap/ s/c off my friend!! sorry..im excited lol ill be s/c soon now Twisted Evil Laughing Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: