NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - FPR symptoms??
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

FPR symptoms??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
98ss
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.27

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject:  FPR symptoms?? Reply with quote

Did some searching, but nothing 100% fits my problem. It only does it intermittantly. Car is an 02 3.8L LS. On a hot start everyonce and a while it will start super rough. Then if I shut off, and turn it back on everything is fine. I can also watch the tack jump 400 rpms up and down. It has done this since I bought it at 33000, dealer couldn't find it or recreate the problem. Its got 103K on it now. My gas mileage is ok, not as good as it used to be, I do all highway and put on about 300 a week, and spark plugs and wires are good, just changed the fuel filter, cleaned the MAF, air filter ect. When it was at the dealer under warrenty they did a pcm flash upgrade on it. I was thinking it could be a fpr, or an iac, but everytime i throw on the dirty clothes to look at it, the problem doesn't exist. OH yeah and it used to do it only only like 2-4 times a year, now its getting worse, it has done it like 4 times in the past month. Any sugguestions, and am I looking in the right area
Frank
Master Level
Master Level
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 0.79

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Just go ahead and change it...it's a $40 part. Wink

wanderson75
Guru
Guru
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 1.35

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Frank wrote:
Just go ahead and change it...it's a $40 part. Wink

Load with parts. Pull Trigger. Repeat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: