NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account
 

  
NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - I love my IMP but.....
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

I love my IMP but.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jnibbs24
Uber
Uber


Joined: May 26, 2009
Posts: 869
Posts per day: 0.28
Location: Seattle

2003 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject:  I love my IMP but..... Reply with quote

iv'e had my impala for maybe 6months, and i love it and all, but im kind of interested in getting a monte carlo, perf 2000-04. ive been looking around and there are some that say SS but when i look under the hood there is no SC.. i thought all SS had super chargers? (exception of the new impala's.) i would keep my imp if it had leather sunroof, etc. to me its not worth dumping it into the imp at 126K miles...

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor


Joined: May 19, 2007
Posts: 13731
Posts per day: 3.61
Location: Nashville, TN

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu


PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

No sir. I drive an N/A Monte Carlo SS. The supercharger was an option on SSs in 2004 and I believe all 2005 SSs were supercharged with the old N/A SS model badged as an LT.

_________________
helldorado wrote:
GLWTGFY. Big Thumbs Up

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.


d
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jnibbs24
Uber
Uber


Joined: May 26, 2009
Posts: 869
Posts per day: 0.28
Location: Seattle

2003 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

so pre 2004 donthave an SC then?

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor


Joined: May 19, 2007
Posts: 13731
Posts per day: 3.61
Location: Nashville, TN

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu


PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Correct. There were no factory supercharged Monte Carlo SSs prior to 2004.

_________________
helldorado wrote:
GLWTGFY. Big Thumbs Up

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.


d
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frank4202
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor


Joined: Jul 03, 2008
Posts: 2573
Posts per day: 0.76
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1997 Chevrolet Corvette


PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I've always wanted a Monte Carlo SS too. But it has to be with the diamond cut wheels and the racing spoiler. I love the one's that have the silver trim on the bottom just like this:

_________________


Sold 28/10/11
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jnibbs24
Uber
Uber


Joined: May 26, 2009
Posts: 869
Posts per day: 0.28
Location: Seattle

2003 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

damnit, well maybe that changes it for me then.. my dad has a GTP, so i dont want to get one... impala SS is too much for me.. maybe ill just get a monte anyways, i like all the options it has.. and how its 2dr.. do monte come with HUD?

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shagnwagon
Master Level
Master Level


Joined: Nov 09, 2008
Posts: 3384
Posts per day: 1.04


2000 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Frank4202 wrote:
I've always wanted a Monte Carlo SS too. But it has to be with the diamond cut wheels and the racing spoiler. I love the one's that have the silver trim on the bottom just like this:


I looked at a laser blue monte SS. with the silver trim. Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool I wanted that car so bad, stupid insurance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor


Joined: May 19, 2007
Posts: 13731
Posts per day: 3.61
Location: Nashville, TN

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu


PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Jnibbs24 wrote:
damnit, well maybe that changes it for me then.. my dad has a GTP, so i dont want to get one... impala SS is too much for me.. maybe ill just get a monte anyways, i like all the options it has.. and how its 2dr.. do monte come with HUD?


No HUD. What do you mean the Imapal SS is too much? Pricewise? If so, supercharged Monte Carlo SSs are about the same, if not more expensive than an Impala SS.

_________________
helldorado wrote:
GLWTGFY. Big Thumbs Up

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.


d
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
batman1988
Resident
Resident


Joined: Sep 25, 2009
Posts: 796
Posts per day: 0.27
Location: Fort Riley, KS

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Buick Regal
2004 Cadillac Escalade


PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i payed $11k for mine and a S/C monte carlo was at the same lot for $14k S/C monte's look like they cost a lil bit more than a S/C impala.

_________________
grimsin wrote:

WANNA INTERNET FIGHT! ill meet you at 6pm outside the 2000-2005 general impala discuusion Very Happy


98 Buick Regal GS: New DD
04 Escalade ESV: Daily driver (wife's DD)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor


Joined: May 19, 2007
Posts: 13731
Posts per day: 3.61
Location: Nashville, TN

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu


PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

batman1988 wrote:
i payed $11k for mine and a S/C monte carlo was at the same lot for $14k S/C monte's look like they cost a lil bit more than a S/C impala.


That's similar to what I saw about 18 months ago when I was kicking around the idea of upgrading. Impalas and Monte Carlos with similar mileage were between 1500 and 3000 dollars different in price.

_________________
helldorado wrote:
GLWTGFY. Big Thumbs Up

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.


d
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
batman1988
Resident
Resident


Joined: Sep 25, 2009
Posts: 796
Posts per day: 0.27
Location: Fort Riley, KS

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Buick Regal
2004 Cadillac Escalade


PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

but the $14k monte as an intimadator. and the one i bought was an indy so the regulars might be cheaper.

i think the monte's cost more cause they are a coupe and the impala is a sedan. IMO

_________________
grimsin wrote:

WANNA INTERNET FIGHT! ill meet you at 6pm outside the 2000-2005 general impala discuusion Very Happy


98 Buick Regal GS: New DD
04 Escalade ESV: Daily driver (wife's DD)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
phillyimpala
Member Level
Member Level


Joined: Jul 08, 2008
Posts: 1425
Posts per day: 0.42
Location: Northeast Philadelphia,PA

2002 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Ford Mustang


PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

shagnwagon wrote:
Frank4202 wrote:
I've always wanted a Monte Carlo SS too. But it has to be with the diamond cut wheels and the racing spoiler. I love the one's that have the silver trim on the bottom just like this:


I looked at a laser blue monte SS. with the silver trim. Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool I wanted that car so bad, stupid insurance.



I find it funny that you always make excuses to why you can't have this car or that car, when aren't you 16 and don't have a job? Insurance prices vary and I don't see it as an excuse not to have a car, considering my Impala was 530 a year to insure while the Cobra is 500 a year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
myimpala88
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!


Joined: Mar 01, 2007
Posts: 7624
Posts per day: 1.96
Location: Min-nee-soh-tah

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Buick Regal


PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

phillyimpala wrote:
Insurance prices vary and I don't see it as an excuse not to have a car, considering my Impala was 530 a year to insure while the Cobra is 500 a year.

LOL. It's a damn good excuse to not have a certain car. Sure I could save enough money to buy a ZR1 but me being 21, you think the insurance is going be reasonable compared to my Impala or my Regal? Absolutely not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snook
Member Level
Member Level


Joined: Apr 09, 2007
Posts: 1799
Posts per day: 0.47
Location: Athens, TN

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1985 Chevrolet Blazer


PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It all depends on your driving record, mine wasnt that much cheaper when I was 16-25 vs me being 29 now. If you have had tickets or wrecks when your 16-25, its usually gona be higher.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phillyimpala
Member Level
Member Level


Joined: Jul 08, 2008
Posts: 1425
Posts per day: 0.42
Location: Northeast Philadelphia,PA

2002 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Ford Mustang


PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

myimpala88 wrote:
phillyimpala wrote:
Insurance prices vary and I don't see it as an excuse not to have a car, considering my Impala was 530 a year to insure while the Cobra is 500 a year.

LOL. It's a damn good excuse to not have a certain car. Sure I could save enough money to buy a ZR1 but me being 21, you think the insurance is going be reasonable compared to my Impala or my Regal? Absolutely not.



If you have enough money to a ZR1 I would assume you have enough money to pay insurance on a 100k car.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Forums ©
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. Comments and posts are property of the poster. All other content is © 2008 by the NAIOA.


Use of this site constitutes agreement with the NAIOA Terms of Service (TOS)


PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.
Server Local Time: October 19, 2017, 8:39:43 pm
Page Generation: 0.13 Seconds ( SQL 45:147 in 0.01 Seconds )