NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - 2001 Impala Police Package Interior Lights
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

2001 Impala Police Package Interior Lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trad2009

Posts per day: 0

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject:  2001 Impala Police Package Interior Lights Reply with quote

Hi.
Just bought a 01 Impala ex-police car. Apparently the int. lamp won't go on when the doors open. Anyway to fix this???
Danny_9C1
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.19

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

You could try...

open fuse panel on passenger side of dash board

fuse is 5 down on left side should be marked TRK/ROOF BRP

Pull gentley and replace with one of the same.

1999 Chevy Z56 Tahoe PPV.2004 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor,
2007 Chevy 9C1 Impala.
Trad2009

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Do you think a fuse is blown? I can turn the interior lights on with the dashboard switch, they just don't come on when I open the car doors. I was going through the Police Supplement Package manual and it said that the car comes standard with disabled interior light when you open the doors.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Dino
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.09

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i hope someone can figure this out, cause mine are the same my int lights only work when i manually put them on. It would be great if they would turn on when i open the door.

Master Level
Master Level
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 0.77

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It's an available option with the 9C1 to not have the interior lights come on when the door is opened. I forget what the option code is for it on the SPID label, but you can probably find it here in the upfitting manual...

http://www.kerrindustries.ca/

The only way to 'fix' it is to replace the body control module (which is where the option programming is stored).

MCO_Death
Guru
Guru
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.93

1994 GMC Sierra
2006 Dodge Charger
1995 Buick Regal
2012 Dodge Charger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

As they have said above. Both of the 9C1's I had in the past were like this. Didn't bother me a bit, then again, I rather enjoyed the sneaky-ness of it. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Danny_9C1
Resident
Resident

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yeah pretty much every ex-police car i have owned had non working interior lights,AKA "Dark mode".

This Impala i have now is the only ex-Cop car i have had with working interior lights when i open the doors.Honestly its kinda nice for a change Razz

I will have to look into this issue ferther.Yeah most Cops like not having working interior lights when the doors are opened.However when the cars are sold off most of the general public like them to work....

2007 Chevy 9C1 Impala.
Jnibbs24
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.28

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

if your refering to the lights in the mirror just move your mirror around. mine has a short in it that just bugs out every now and then..

Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.23

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Ford Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I used to ride along with a nearby dept, and their Crown Vics were the same way. Our '03 Imp is just a standard car, not a 9C1. But reading the replies, I'd try the fuse panel also. As an aside, I replaced all 6 courtesy lights with red 194 bulbs from the 'Zone. My wife at times would turn the light on to read the map, and I'd be CURSE . I remembered when I rode with the cops (in the front) they had a light in the roof they could switch between regular light and red light. He told me they use the regular light for when they were parked somewhere there was alot of other light, and the red for when they were out in the boonies. Made it easier on the eyes. I can tell you it does.
Danny_9C1
Resident
Resident

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

EricJ wrote:
I used to ride along with a nearby dept, and their Crown Vics were the same way. Our '03 Imp is just a standard car, not a 9C1. But reading the replies, I'd try the fuse panel also. As an aside, I replaced all 6 courtesy lights with red 194 bulbs from the 'Zone. My wife at times would turn the light on to read the map, and I'd be CURSE . I remembered when I rode with the cops (in the front) they had a light in the roof they could switch between regular light and red light. He told me they use the regular light for when they were parked somewhere there was alot of other light, and the red for when they were out in the boonies. Made it easier on the eyes. I can tell you it does.
Yeah my Impala has this dome/ticket light.I have two switches on it.One for Red light and one for white light.

2007 Chevy 9C1 Impala.
rancidjo

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i plan on finding the signal wire for the door open, put it to a relay and tie in to the interior lights, should work...i will post when i get it going
Tim
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.1

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I think it's connector C of the BCM (The small one) and its pin A1, pretty sure its dark blue and white striped. That gives a positive output whenever a door is opened that isn't the drivers door, the drivers door is a separate wire I believe. (why IDK)

Sold the Impala! Bought a 03 Vue 5 speed stick, then bought a 95 vert! Engine Swapping! (Again!) L67!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: