NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Garage Recommend for Niagara Regio
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Garage Recommend for Niagara Regio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Regional Discussion -> Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vv111y

Posts per day: 0

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject:  Garage Recommend for Niagara Regio Reply with quote

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good garage with experience with the passlock system in the Niagara Region?
I would be willing to go farther if it will really help.

Thanks.

racerman51
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.07

2002 Chevrolet Impala
1995 Pontiac G5
2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

check this out,my friend!....

http://alarmtek.tripod.com/GMCISCRAZY.html

I didn't get too far with but have a look and let us know how it works..

braunsHizzle

Posts per day: 0.01

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Hello,

What seems to be wrong with it? I know at my shop we had a car where the owner had the key with the resistor re-programmed at the dealer twice and then after two months it stopped working and security kicked in. The deal of course said they had no clue and the client ended up paying 300 each time (600 total!). In the end the client said it didn't matter so we used the work around, it's not to factory standards but in a nutshell under the column we found the correct wire, cut it, then wired in the correct resistor which instead of reading the resistance from the key resistor it was self sufficient.

Anyway, if you dont too much about security, there's is a cheap way (with some technical knowledge) to get around it.
vv111y

Posts per day: 0

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks racerman, braunsHizzle

Yeah, haven't updated but I did finally do the workaround.
Here's the thing - my car started even though I hadn't re-wired it. I started it several times while the yellow wire was cut. Go figure. I wonder if you even need the resistor or wire it back up.
Anyways, it's going good.

Also, what I did was to solder on an extra length of wire - about 6' - for the black and both ends of the yellow. I rolled up the excess and tucked it in some empty space. That way if I ever need to make a change I don't have to pull the whole thing apart again -PITA. I used a pot too so that I can adjust the resistance as time goes on. Only prob with that is the pot wiggles around about (can't quite remember) 50ohms. Still works.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Regional Discussion -> Canada All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: