NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Now what's next
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Now what's next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 PCM/Engine Computer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
05impala
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.02

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Oooh ! Now what's next Reply with quote

Car is in the shop they checked it . He said the fuel injector is not working he unplugged the # 2 spark plug still no change in engine still miss fireing then came and told me the injector is bad yall ready COST TO REPLACE INJECTOR WITH NEW GASKETS------------------- $ 350 BUCKS LOL what should i do help please
whitelightnin04MC
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 1.57

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2009 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Oooh ! Re: Now what's next Reply with quote

05impala wrote:
Car is in the shop the checked it . He said the fuel injector is not working he unplugged the # 2 spark plug still no change in engine still miss fireing then came and told me the injector is bad yall ready COST TO REPLACE INJECTOR WITH NEW GASKETS------------------- $ 350 BUCK LOL what should i do help please

Injectors are expensive if you have to buy them new from a dealer or parts warehouse. You're probably paying ~100 for the injector, ~50 for gaskets (UIM, TB, and injector o-rings) and about 2 hours labor.

Resident Prick, at your service.
SS - Corsa Catback, RT 3" DP, CC T304 PLOG, Wizaired, ZZP Offset Polys, GMPP Koni Kit, Hella Projectrofits, PT, ZZP HVTB, 10.4's
05impala
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Snif !  Reply with quote

So is that a ok deal/ He told me it will take 2-3 hours max. I asked the manchnic is he sure it's the injectors he laughed and said am i sure said positive. But my question is how did he know with out removing the injector. Then asked me if i had any bread crumb but engine i said yes then said that mice and other animals like to chew around this area is all of this true and is this a fair price?
whitelightnin04MC
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 1.57

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2009 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If you knew how to change the injector then you'd save a lot of money. How he knew that's what it was is beyond me. If he pulled the spark plug, he might have been able to tell by the plug. There may be a way to see what the injector is doing with a scan tool. It's really hard to say.

Resident Prick, at your service.
SS - Corsa Catback, RT 3" DP, CC T304 PLOG, Wizaired, ZZP Offset Polys, GMPP Koni Kit, Hella Projectrofits, PT, ZZP HVTB, 10.4's
05impala
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Question  Reply with quote

cool i will just let them do it. I also called around town and quiet zone here in wisconsin said i should change all 6 out 750 for the whole job. I should be fine with just that 1 right.
ZSPOT
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 1.26

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Mustang
1981 Chevrolet Silverado
2007 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yup. A new GM injector runs $178 for the 3400.

If he unplugged the injector, and nothing changed,.. probably that specific injector. And a tech II can monitor injectors IIRC.

You'll probably be OK with just one injector. But if your going to keep the car forever, it might not hurt to spend the extra money and have them all done. If he does have a scan tool, maybe he could monitor the flow of all the other ones as well. Just to see.

Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Ok Auto Zone here got them for 100 dollars are they ok to install.
ZSPOT
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 1.26

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Mustang
1981 Chevrolet Silverado
2007 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I personally wouldn't put anything on my car from Autozone. Do you have a NAPA or Carquest?

Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

yes
milwaukee_01impala
Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.66

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Chevrolet Express

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

fwiw, i had the exact same problem on my old 93 lumina with the 3100. same cylinder too. instead of replacing the injectors first i had them pressure cleaned. the shop removed all 6 injectors and put them in this machine that ran high pressure cleaning solvent through them. that fixed the problem. it cost me a lil over $200 to have this done, although this was like 7 years ago.

05impala, where in wisconsin you from?

interior/exterior:BBEngineering led LS cluster,BBEngineering led HVAC control,BBEngineering DRL/ALC bypass,quad headlights,impala embroidered floormats,20%tint,auto ventshade vent visors,LED tail lamps/front turn signals,LED interior/reverse/license plate lights,silverstar hi/lo beams,turn signal mirrors,aftermarket moonroof,17" Helo slick rims
05impala
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Milwaukee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 PCM/Engine Computer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: