NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Things that suck....
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Things that suck....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
westtexastiger
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.09

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject:  Things that suck.... Reply with quote

Well, I haven't been on NAIOA in a while, because I was caught up in getting myself another project. I loved my 2005 LS. I decided I wasn't gonna mess (much) with what worked. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Recently had an issue with cooling. The water pump had sprung a leak, and the thermostat was stuck closed. Thank goodness for warranties.

The Pimp Cruiser, as my best friend called it, had a little over 48100 miles on it was running strong.

Last Monday, I walked out of my new apartment around 5:45 am to go to work, and I saw an Impala, parked at a weird angle. I thought "I really hope that's not my car, because I KNOW I didn't park it at that angle." As I walked down the stairs, I pulled out the remote, hit the unlock button, and sure enough, it was my car.

Some jackass had hit my Impala hard enough that it pushed my car into a little red Nissan Versa parked on my driver's side, and pushed the Versa into a Mitsubishi Eclipse on the other side of it. People heard it, and one of my neighbors called the police, but of course by the time they got there, whoever did it was long gone. The cops supposedly knocked on people's doors to find out who the cars belonged to, but I didn't hear them. So, I discovered the LOVELY news when I attempted to leave for work.

Of course my car took most of the impact. One of the cops who showed up when I called said he thought it was a big truck with a grill guard, because there was ZERO paint transfer on my car. It makes sense, if you look at this pic.

Back bumper crumpled.

We're all sandwiched together. I feel sorry for the Versa owner. She told my dad it was the second time someone had hit her car (effectively, anyway) and run off.

Different Angle

Right after the wrecker pulled my car off the Versa.

Nice gouge in the pavement right under where my car was parked.

Right after my car was loaded onto the wrecker.

Closeup of the lower part of the impact area.

The cops suspect it may have been someone who lived in this apartment complex. Also, the pavement was wet from rain and whoever it was, was driving way too damn fast and hauled ass right after the impact.

I think I may have heard the impact. That night some loud noise woke me up in the dead of the night. I didn't think much of it, just chalked it up to the fact that I live in an apartment and people will be making noise all the time. So, I just went back to sleep.

So, my insurance company wants to total it out, because there was something close to $10K in damage. That was less than spectacular news, as you can imagine. Got on Autotrader looking for an '05 SS or an '06-'07 SS. Found an '06 SS with just under 57k miles in Wichita Falls. They wanted only $11977 for it, so I jumped on it. Got it for almost $5k under Blue Book Value. I love this car already.

http://s827.photobucket.com/al.....iser%20II/

08SilverSS wrote:

i dont think posting about pissing your pants will get you respect around here, you might get banned from future meets...
Signature truncated by system. Maximum of 6 lines allowed
xnick
Master Level
Master Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 1.14

2000 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

looks like it turned out well, congrats!

tstephens11 wrote:
karma's a f***ing bitch.
westtexastiger
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

You are right. It did work out well.

08SilverSS wrote:

i dont think posting about pissing your pants will get you respect around here, you might get banned from future meets...
MISHNAH
Master Level
Master Level

Posts per day: 0.64

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Mercedes-Benz E Class
2006 Nissan Murano
2003 BMW 5 Series

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Rather similar to my accident, except I was the car sliding out of control. Laughing

Girl floored it backing out of her parking spot and hit me in the right fender and sent me skidding across the parking lot, hit a camry and pushed it into a sentra, and the sentra into a pole. Mad

Glad to hear it worked out for you in the end!

2002 Galaxy Silver Sedan - LS cluster - Debadged - Intrigue compass/autodim mirror - DIC - Regal graphite leather seats - LS console with floor shift conversion - Monte Carlo black leather steering wheel - LS springs - KYB GR-2 Struts - GMPP sway bars and rear STB - Fog light frontend harness - LS Bumper with fog lights - Painted trim and side skirts

2006 Nissan Murano - Autodim/compass mirror
2006 Mercedez-Benz E350 - Stock for stock, its faster than an SS, woot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
westtexastiger
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

MISHNAH wrote:
Rather similar to my accident, except I was the car sliding out of control. Laughing

Girl floored it backing out of her parking spot and hit me in the right fender and sent me skidding across the parking lot, hit a camry and pushed it into a sentra, and the sentra into a pole. Mad

Glad to hear it worked out for you in the end!

Egads, man. That must have sucked hardcore for you. My first car was an '89 Sentra with a 5 speed and 4 banger. The steering locked up on it one day and I ran a curb and hit a couple landscape boulders. My head bounced off the steering wheel and the door. Hell will freeze over before I buy another Sentra.

08SilverSS wrote:

Frank4202
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.77

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1997 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Wow, they smoked your car! Not like a little fender bender or something, they destroyed it. Have you found anyone around your complex that might of done it?

Sold 28/10/11
westtexastiger
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Frank4202 wrote:
Wow, they smoked your car! Not like a little fender bender or something, they destroyed it. Have you found anyone around your complex that might of done it?

I wish. Lucky for whoever did it, though, because when I called the cops, the officer that they sent out was a guy I've been friends with for 12 years or so, long before he was a cop. He kinda knows how I think, so made sure and said if I find anyone I suspect, to let him know and he'd come out there and talk to them. He knows I'd likely go ape-poop crazy on them.

08SilverSS wrote:

myimpala88
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 1.99

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Buick Regal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

That would probably go on my list of things that suck.
westtexastiger
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

myimpala88 wrote:

Which part?

08SilverSS wrote:

myimpala88
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Buick Regal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

westtexastiger wrote:
myimpala88 wrote:

Which part?

The part where you say you love your car. Rolling Eyes

Maybe where your car gets bashed and it's wrecked?
westtexastiger
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Ok, wasn't sure if maybe you were talking about the Sentra, or knowing a cop, or what. Aside from him, I don't like cops a whole lot. Never really been in trouble with the law, I've just encountered a lot of cops and even a sheriff deputy or two that wound up screwing me over on something.

08SilverSS wrote:

myimpala88
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Buick Regal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yeah, cops can be dicks. Some forget that they're supposed to protect the laws and not be the law.
westtexastiger
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

myimpala88 wrote:
Yeah, cops can be dicks. Some forget that they're supposed to protect the laws and not be the law.

You got that right. I think cops who handle traffic tickets and such are the worst. Of course, there are exceptions to that, but they are few and far between.

08SilverSS wrote:

PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 2.01

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

In all fairness there are good police officers out there who are professional and won't give you a hard time if they don't need too.

Sucks about your car man. Even though you got an SS now I'd stil like to find out who the hell did it.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
westtexastiger
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

PushrodPower wrote:
In all fairness there are good police officers out there who are professional and won't give you a hard time if they don't need too.

Sucks about your car man. Even though you got an SS now I'd stil like to find out who the hell did it.

You're right about police officers, of course. Unfortunately, though, I'd have to say the good ones are outnumbered. And I agree, I'd still like to find who did it and punt them in the nuts with my steel toe work shoes.

08SilverSS wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: