NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - New guy without an Impala.
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

New guy without an Impala.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4DoorFan

Posts per day: 0.01

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Crown Victoria

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject:  New guy without an Impala. Reply with quote

As a matter of fact, I have a ford. As a matter of fact, I drive a Crown Vic. As a matter of fact, it's a Police Interceptor....

Before the stones starting being thrown though, let me redeem myself.

My name is Ryan, and I used to drive a 2001 Impala with the 3800 series V6. I drove that car for a little over a year, and I loved every minute of it. Last May, I was the victim in a hit and run which had I been driving a tad bit slower, probably would've paralyzed or killed me and my passengers. Instead, it just really tore the rear end of the car up.

It was fixed within two weeks, and has soldiered me and my mom ever since. But it did leave me wanting more. So earlier this year, I bought my CVPI looking for something with a bit more performance and what at the time, I assumed was going to have more upgrade potential... But with the way my Vic drinks gas (I.E. Like I drink liquor on the weekends...), I've started looking at trading it back in (Or more likely, just making it into a track car.). So, I guess you can say it kinda leads me back to my roots. I've test driven 06+ LSes, LT3s, and even SSes. And while I've liked them all, I do refuse to take a step back in terms of performance (And the latter of the two are a bit out of my price range. By a good bit.) Yesterday though, I drove a 2006 9C1 with a little over 80k on it....

As we say over on CrownVic.net-- WANT -- and want badly I do. So in trying to find some more information on the 9C1 (Aside from just the MSP Evaluations), I stumbled across the site. Figured CVN has been a wealth for me, and I hope I can find the same information here.

I talk to much though, so once again, here's to looking forward to a meaningful membership!

--Ryan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shagnwagon
Master Level
Master Level

Posts per day: 1.06

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome. Cool
Rollie73
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.21

2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome to NAIOA

SSGOAT
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.56

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Excursion
2005 Pontiac GTO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

FORDS suck and YOU suck... GTFO!

lmfao juss messin witcha, thats coo, i actually wanted an 00+ P71 before i got my imp, shyt i STILL do.. the crown vics look fuken seeexxxyyyyyyyyyy all black with the steelies mm mmmm cloud9
but the buncha miles they had and lack of power that i wanted kept me away Crying or Very sad

eitherway welcome! hope u find watcha need..

veeeeeeeeeeeeeeee teeeeeehhhhkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ad0726
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.37

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Chevrolet Malibu
1983 Datsun Patrol
2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

welcome
4DoorFan

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Crown Victoria

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yea, I really don't know much about Impalas to be honest. But I know my Vic like the back of my hand. Really, they didn't start getting "Good" until after 01' when they got the Performance Improved intakes. 03's got Rack and Pinion (And will accept just about anything you want from the Mustang. And 04's are the best out of the factory.

I have mine with 3.27s and a Limited Slip rear diff. Believe me, the PI isn't an off the line car, but from a roll, they're scarily fast. I can get from 60 to it's factory limiter at 130 in seconds -- And she'll bounce off that limiter forever and a day.

But stock for stock, the new 9C1s will pull on me. And to be honest, from what I've seen, would take a lot less work to make "comfortable". The one I looked at needed just a carpet and a console and it would've been great.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MCO_Death
Guru
Guru
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.96

1994 GMC Sierra
2006 Dodge Charger
1995 Buick Regal
2012 Dodge Charger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

4DoorFan wrote:
Yea, I really don't know much about Impalas to be honest. But I know my Vic like the back of my hand. Really, they didn't start getting "Good" until after 01' when they got the Performance Improved intakes. 03's got Rack and Pinion (And will accept just about anything you want from the Mustang. And 04's are the best out of the factory.

I have mine with 3.27s and a Limited Slip rear diff. Believe me, the PI isn't an off the line car, but from a roll, they're scarily fast. I can get from 60 to it's factory limiter at 130 in seconds -- And she'll bounce off that limiter forever and a day.

But stock for stock, the new 9C1s will pull on me. And to be honest, from what I've seen, would take a lot less work to make "comfortable". The one I looked at needed just a carpet and a console and it would've been great.

Carpet is for sissies. Laughing

Besides the look, RWD and sound... okay I guess that's a lot, but that is all the CVPI's have going for them. The police look can get old and by the time you make it as fast as you'd like it to be, everyone and their brother knows its not a real 'cop' anymore. Its a tossup, I am guessing you just get a hard-on for the police look though? Which, if that is the case, I would pic what you like, and slap a supercharger on it (with appropriate support mods of course). No one will realize what they just got themselves into until that supercharger screams with the rev's. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
4DoorFan

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Crown Victoria

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I'm not really into the cop look to be honest with you. But I'm far from made of money (And just got denied for a loan on a very clean 9C1...), so used Police Vehicles kinda give me a bit more performance for my buck.

crazydayz
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 1.83

2000 Chevrolet Impala
2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2004 Chevrolet Impala
1997 Chevrolet S10
2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Impala Welcome to the site Impala

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3352096
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2588642
Impala3900
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.11

2009 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Hey, welcome to another guy from Pittsburgh Cool. Hope you're able to find the 9C1 you want soon.

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Crown Victoria

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I think I did... It's got 80k on it, and it's sitting out at Twin Willows in Valencia. Needs absolutely nothing.

Danny_9C1
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.2

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome!

I too would like a '06+ 9C1.I've done my homework on them.I like the fact they will keep pulling pretty good all the way to 142mph.

I have owned 5 P71's so i know a thing or two about them as well Wink

1999 Chevy Z56 Tahoe PPV.2004 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor,
2007 Chevy 9C1 Impala.
4DoorFan

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Crown Victoria

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Aren't you on CVN?

Impala3900
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.11

2009 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

did you ever get that 9C1?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: