NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - 2004 Impala Heater Core Change
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

2004 Impala Heater Core Change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redneckdrifter

Posts per day: 0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject:  2004 Impala Heater Core Change Reply with quote

Does anyone have a good link or how to for changing the heater core on a 2004 Impala? I have one in the driveway with a bad core and a new core on hand; but have never changed one on this model of Impala.

EDIT: Got it changed out and I see why nobody talks about it now. GM needs their ass kicked for that design; I've been a mech for 27 years and that was by far the worst one I ever changed. Had to remove the entire unit due to a bunch of plastic rivets that had to be removed to get the heater core panel off the unit. Had it been on with all bolts the job could of been done in 1/2 the time.
98ss
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.27

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

How did you do for time when you changed it? A guy at work had a jetta with one that went bad...I think book time was like 8-13 hours to replace it. He ended up leaving it.
SatImpala
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.23

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Wow, that makes me feel lucky mine didn't have the rivets. Took an hour or two, mostly trying to contort my body under the dash to get to the bolts. GM quoted me with 6 hours.

DailyDriver
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.04

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It's an extreme PITA to remove. Just ask my mechanic. Quoted time is correct. Around 6 hours of labor.

If you do this yourself, be careful to make sure you knock ALL of the old plastic welded part out. Otherwise the A/C condensate will leak onto the floor. AMHIK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: