NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - I'll be in austin Oct 2nd-4th
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

I'll be in austin Oct 2nd-4th
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Regional Discussion -> Southwest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaStylin
Master Level
Master Level

Posts per day: 0.71

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject:  I'll be in austin Oct 2nd-4th Reply with quote

Just as the title says... I will be in Austin the weekend of October 2nd but I doubt I will be going the Impala...

On the 2nd (Friday) i will be at ACL for the whole day but am available that night and the rest of the weekend to chill or what ever. I/we donít have much planed other then going to ACL for the weekend so itís really what ever

I do have one questionÖ I havenít chosen a hotel yet, any one have any suggestions on where to stayÖ I normally stay at trendy hotels like the NYLO or the new ďWĒ hotels from starwoods hotel chain. But Iím open to what ever as long as its nice and around (or less then) the $100 a night range

Thanks for the help... Maybe i'll see yall there

CaStylin

xnick
Master Level
Master Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 1.12

2000 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

the W hotels are very nice! my sister stayed at one in ft laud and she was amazed by the quality of the rooms and staff. just throwin that out there!

tstephens11 wrote:
karma's a f***ing bitch.
helldorado
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.54

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2005 Infiniti G35
2008 Subaru Impreza
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Toyota Space Cruiser

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

xnick wrote:
the W hotels are very nice! my sister stayed at one in ft laud and she was amazed by the quality of the rooms and staff. just throwin that out there!

They're great, but odds of finding one for under $100 a night or slim to none. Cheapest I've ever seen them is in the $120-140 range, and that's been during the recession when they do 20% discounts for prepaying your stay.

CaStylin
Master Level
Master Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

helldorado wrote:
xnick wrote:

They're great, but odds of finding one for under $100 a night or slim to none. Cheapest I've ever seen them is in the $120-140 range, and that's been during the recession when they do 20% discounts for prepaying your stay.

I stayed a Aloft hotel (also by star woods ) in San Antonio a couple months back for ~ $90 a night.. they are very simular to the "W" chain but i think a little more trendy. I have seen a W hotel rate for ~100 but i never stayed there at that price.

The Aloft in Austin doesn't open till November '09, The W hotel in Austin doesn't open till December '09 and Iím almost sure Austin donít have a NYLO as they are starting to build there chain in the nicer areas of Dallas so my options are still pretty unknown to me since i donít frequent Austin like it do SA or Dallas

helldorado
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.54

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2005 Infiniti G35
2008 Subaru Impreza
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Toyota Space Cruiser

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I haven't stayed in Aloft yet. They're building one up by me, from what I've read it looks to be in the vein of the W, but lower price to compete in areas that people aren't going to pay W prices. I've seen the W go for $450 a night at peak times.

Corny40
Master Level
Master Level
Diamond Contributor (Amount: 1) Diamond Contributor

Posts per day: 0.9

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2008 Saturn Aura
2002 Honda Accord

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I was just in Austin the weekend before last, and I stayed at the Embassy Suites in The Arboretum. I only paid $85 per night but my Military ID helped with that one. I think the regular rate was somewhere in the 120s. Yeah, ES isn't very trendy, but they've got some great amenities. Every evening from 5-7 they have a "Managers Reception" with free beer, wine, well drinks, and Hors d'oeuvres. Then, every morning they provide a complimentary cooked to order breakfast, not one of those continental pieces of crap. You should check it out.

Tell me more about this ACL thing. Y'all want some company?

Master Level
Master Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Corny40 wrote:
I was just in Austin the weekend before last, and I stayed at the Embassy Suites in The Arboretum. I only paid $85 per night but my Military ID helped with that one. I think the regular rate was somewhere in the 120s. Yeah, ES isn't very trendy, but they've got some great amenities. Every evening from 5-7 they have a "Managers Reception" with free beer, wine, well drinks, and Hors d'oeuvres. Then, every morning they provide a complimentary cooked to order breakfast, not one of those continental pieces of crap. You should check it out.

Austin City limits - its a 3 day fest of music, we are only going on friday which is the day kings of leon are headlining (beasty boys where headlining but they canceled all thier tours) Paurl Jam is headling on saturday and dave matteues on sunday

The fridays ACL tickets listed on the ACL site are sold out but mix said that alot are up for sale on other sites such as stub hub and ebay for the same or less cost

If you can get tickets then fell free to join, or come and we can see you friday night and the rest of the weekend... also excuase the spelling errors, its late and i not typing correctly

SidewaysLS4
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.25

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

CaStylin wrote:
Corny40 wrote:

Austin City limits - its a 3 day fest of music, we are only going on friday which is the day kings of leon are headlining (beasty boys where headlining but they canceled all thier tours) Paurl Jam is headling on saturday and dave matteues on sunday

The fridays ACL tickets listed on the ACL site are sold out but mix said that alot are up for sale on other sites such as stub hub and ebay for the same or less cost

If you can get tickets then fell free to join, or come and we can see you friday night and the rest of the weekend... also excuase the spelling errors, its late and i not typing correctly

HMMM, I didn't know that Kings of Leon were gonna be there. I might try to get some tickets.
CaStylin
Master Level
Master Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Since there are like 5 stages and itís a 3 day event they keep adding people but Kings of Leon have been on the set since the start... they added the "yeah yeah yeahs" a couple days ago to the Friday listing... I like them but they are headlining another stage and overlap the Kings of Leon set so I likely wont see them

Here the link to the Austin City limits Festival schedule ... on Friday, John Legend and a couple of other good but less known bands are playing also

As of right now Iím just going Friday but if I can get some tickets for cheap we may go on Sunday also, I realy want to see the Toddies and Pearl Jam

CaStylin
Master Level
Master Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I have yet to book a hotel (yea i pretty much forgot to do it) so pretty much any hotel that people have had a good experience with in or around Austin is on the playing field

Thanks again for the help

CaStylin
Master Level
Master Level

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I ended up booking at the Crowne Plaza Austin... Its not as trendy as those mentioned in the first post but apparently Austin is late on the trend to build trendy hotels

overall its not that far from DT/ Zinler Park where ACL is hosted... i only paid $75 a night which is much less then the $135 its listed at now

Anyway... for those that live in the area and what to hit up the night life / 6 street this weekend hit me up

crazydayz
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 1.81

2000 Chevrolet Impala
2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2004 Chevrolet Impala
1997 Chevrolet S10
2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

kings of leon are pretty good................... Laughing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3352096
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2588642
riverwalk100
Member Level
Member Level
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.23

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject:  ok Reply with quote

Hey RO you wanna meet up saturday evening?? and maybe mixer and slim and LOS

slim-rob
Master Level
Master Level

Posts per day: 1.09

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2010 Chevrolet Silverado
2010 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject:  Re: ok Reply with quote

riverwalk100 wrote:
Hey RO you wanna meet up saturday evening?? and maybe mixer and slim and LOS

I'd be down but I work til 9 Confused

bbengineer wrote:

Try masturbating... your car will thank you

BBEngineer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
riverwalk100
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.23

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject:  ok Reply with quote

its called " you call in sick that day"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Regional Discussion -> Southwest All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: