NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Got a ticket in NC, questions....
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Got a ticket in NC, questions....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Regional Discussion -> Southeast
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iammatt88
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.03

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject:  Got a ticket in NC, questions.... Reply with quote

OK, i got a speeding ticket in NC today. i live in VA. I was on my way to the courthouse in Moyock to work on the fire sprinkler system there. I was in my car, meeting my boss down there. It was 82 in a 55. he said its just a speeding ticket not reckless... i thought 27 over was reckless no mater what.(Am i wrong) he said he could have arrested me but isn't going to because "i cooperated with him".
But on to the main question---
My ticket for the violation say's, "........you did unlawfully and willfully OPERATE A MOTOR VEHICLE ON A STREET OR HIGHWAY AT SPEED OF 82 MPH IN A 5 MPH ZONE." that is quoted off of the ticket the state trooper typed up in his car.
Being that he wrote the wrong Speed zone down, would the ticket be dismissed? And has any one else had this kind of problem in NC?
Does anyone know where to find out how much the ticket would be i cant find anything online.
if any of the NC folks know anything please let me know.

and no I"m not bitching about getting the ticket, i deserved it, i was speeding but the car in front of me was too. I'm just trying to see if there is a way i can get it reduced/dismissed without paying a lawyer. Any help would be appreciated.
(if this is in the wrong section mod please move it.)
HotSauce6226
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Diamond Contributor (Amount: 1) Diamond Contributor

Posts per day: 1.5

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Id be happy he didnt arrest you. And regardles what he wrote wrong, you were still going 82. So even in a 70 MPH zone your over 12. I dont know what part of NC, but when I lived in Durham all I saw was 65MPH

BuffaloSS
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.71

2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I'd suggest calling an attorney in that area under the guise that you're looking for someone to fight a ticket. Try to find one with a free consult, and pose your question to them (about the 5mph statement). They may release the info you need to fight this yourself, but is it worth a day off to go do this yourself?

Check out this site, acquired via Google search of "North Carolina Speeding Fines"

http://www.speedingticketcentr.....icket.html

FWIW, if you were in Carolina, you'd lose your ability to drive with anything over 15mph. Confused

And see this...free evaluation of your speeding ticket:

Quote:

Raleigh Wake County Attorney
If you have a speeding ticket or other NC legal matter in Orange County, Alamance County, Wake County, Chapel Hill, Burlington, Raleigh, Person County, Durham County, or Chatham County North Carolina call

Wes Everett
Everett Law Firm, P.A.
1829 East Franklin Street
Suite 1100-D
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Toll Free:800.942.8048

Google FTMFW!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Regional Discussion -> Southeast All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: