Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:02 pm Post subject: Dual Climate Control not working on the Passenger Side
I did the search but I am a little confused.
Problem is that when HVAC fan is engaged it blows Hot on the P/S. A/C on or off I have this problem. The Drivers side works fine.
I read some where on here that the 2000 - 2001 and the 2002-2003 were specific for that year regarding the HVAC. I have also read that some were vacuum controled, and other stated that it was a circuit board
Mine is an '03 Bose Model and I have already lost fan settings 1,2& 3 now this.
If your a big guy have fun because I had to wedge myself in there. I just did it to my 05. for some reason it stops working and gets stuck. I just took mine apart and greased everything down. if it stops working Im just going to radio shack and get a motor because it just pops out.
To answer your question.
1. Remove your fuse panel.
2. Remove the black panel that holds the light for the floor board.
3. I think there are 3 screws that holds the knee guard up. Remove those and use light force to remove. You have to remove the trunk switch or anything you have on that panel.
4. There is a metal knee guard there. I removed that by using a socket set. You have to remove 4 of them. this is to give you more arm room.
5. After you remove the 4 bolts. you have to take the dash screws all the way to the radio.
6. Pull with light force so you can pop the metal plate out and not to destroy your dash board.
7. Look at the center of the car. Using a flash light the actuator should be near the firewall and is held in with 2 screws. it should look something like this.
this pic is for a manual hvac unit but its almost ident. to the electronic one.
8. There is a power connector. Just remove with your fingernail or small screwdriver. Or you can just remove the screws and leave it plugged in and turn your key to the on position and change the drivers side temp to see if it works.
9. If it works I just took mine apart and inspected it for cracked gears and i just regreased all the gears and put it back in the car and it worked.
10. If you have cracked gears or a dead motor the part number you need is this -
Sorry I didnt not take pictures of what I did but I hope this helps.[/i]
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum