NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - roof trim
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

roof trim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2006-2013 General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
9c1fast

Posts per day: 0.02

2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject:  roof trim Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the roof trim on my 06 impala comes off?I want to get the trim pieces painted by don't want to tie up my car at the body shop if this trim comes off and goes back on easy.
Thanks
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.56

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

they should come off, but dont know if they will get ruined in the process. They are just glued / taped in place. May want to see if they are available from the dealership or aftermarket. Get them painted and installed

Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.97

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If it's like the roof trim on the 00-05 Impalas they usually just fall off by themselves after a while. Laughing

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
ZSPOT
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 1.28

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Mustang
1981 Chevrolet Silverado
2007 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Pitch Black SS wrote:
they should come off, but dont know if they will get ruined in the process. They are just glued / taped in place. May want to see if they are available from the dealership or aftermarket. Get them painted and installed

x2

Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.49

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Pitch Black SS wrote:

The 00-05 have a piece of thin metal running through them. It gets all bent up if you remove them. Last I checked new ones were over $100 apiece. And, aftermarket trim does not fill the space adequately and causes water to pool, causing rust. At least that was my experience

Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.22

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Hey 9C1,
I asked two body shops about painting those strips as well as the satellite antenna. They both told me that painting them was not an issue, but that it was tough to get the paint to stick like on sheet metal or bumper covers. I want to get one more body shop to look at them. Let me know as well what you find out! I want to paint them on my '10 Impala LTZ.

Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

have to find a better body shop.

Anything can be painted if prepped correctly. I had multiple shops tell me they couldnt paint plastic chrome. Found one that could, been 3 years and it looks as good as the day they painted it.

Resident
Resident

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Pitch Black SS wrote:

Anything can be painted if prepped correctly. I had multiple shops tell me they couldnt paint plastic chrome. Found one that could, been 3 years and it looks as good as the day they painted it.

Hey PBSS! I couldn't agree more! There should have been no reason why they couldn't paint them...shouldn't be much difference than the bumper covers. Indeed, I'm going to a couple of other body shops. Did you get your antenna painted as well? My concern was interference and removing the antenna. I was told the antenna had to be removed from the inside, which means dropping the headliner. I'd much rather it be off the car to get painted. On another note, I was looking at a 2015 300S. It looks really good! I'm considering one for sure! Any thoughts or things I should be aware of for this make of car?
Thanks!

ScottMPala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.49

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Pitch Black SS wrote:

I had to local body shops tell me they couldn't paint my rear tail light on the Impala because they couldn't make paint stick to it. Decided to do it myself. That was my original white tail light with the Chevy emblems over the reverse lights. Still got all its paint after 8 years

NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

SFCR wrote:
Hey PBSS! I couldn't agree more! There should have been no reason why they couldn't paint them...shouldn't be much difference than the bumper covers. Indeed, I'm going to a couple of other body shops. Did you get your antenna painted as well? My concern was interference and removing the antenna. I was told the antenna had to be removed from the inside, which means dropping the headliner. I'd much rather it be off the car to get painted. On another note, I was looking at a 2015 300S. It looks really good! I'm considering one for sure! Any thoughts or things I should be aware of for this make of car?
Thanks!

XM Antenna - Paint away!!! The paint wont hurt reception at all unless its a high content lead paint (which has been outlawed for many years)

2015 300S - Nothing really an issue with these cars. Dont know what motors are in the newer years, but stay away from the 2.7 if still available. Also, go Hemi if you can afford it. Not a huge difference in mileage between the hemi and the V6. The car weighs over 4000 lbs and needs the extra power.

Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.97

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

How much would it cost for say a grille too get painted at a body shop usually?

Also, the 2015 300S comes with a 3.6 Pentastar V6 (300 HP) and 5.7 HEMI (363 HP).

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
SFCR
Resident
Resident

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

[quote="Pitch Black SS"]
SFCR wrote:

2015 300S - Nothing really an issue with these cars. Dont know what motors are in the newer years, but stay away from the 2.7 if still available. Also, go Hemi if you can afford it. Not a huge difference in mileage between the hemi and the V6. The car weighs over 4000 lbs and needs the extra power.

As pushrod mentioned, the 5.7 hemi is available. Everything this dealer had was ordered with the hemi. I have a friend who is a wholesaler. I'm wondering if he can get a better price, should I check with CarGurus, or True Car. What do you think? I've never used any of these.

overlordspock
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.14

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I have no idea about True Car, but Car Gurus is just a centralized listing/search service. It's good to look for something specific, but it's not a negotiating tool.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, Kooks LTs w/ Cats, Corsa Catback, RotoFab CAI, HomeLink
2014 Impala 2LT - Black, No Mods
2008 Silverado LTZ Z71 - Black, Extended Cab, Spray-on Bedliner
2008 Impala SS - Precision Red, Magnaflow, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Overkill Tune, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets SOLD
2005 Impala LS - Summit White, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets, BBE Monte SS Cluster SOLD
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Ive never used either. But if you are buying new, you can just figure who's giving the best deal by looking at the sticker price. Remember to take the options into account. My brother doesnt understand that and constantly tries to explain that he paid less for his 2008 than I did for my 2007, yet his is 100% base model with ZERO options and mines a loaded "c" with close to a $45k price tag

Resident
Resident

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

overlordspock wrote:
I have no idea about True Car, but Car Gurus is just a centralized listing/search service. It's good to look for something specific, but it's not a negotiating tool.
Yeah, I noticed that as well after reviewing the site. I'm going to try True Car and see what I find.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2006-2013 General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: