NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Newbie from LI (NY)
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Newbie from LI (NY)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikelbeck

Posts per day: 0.01

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2000 Mitsubishi Galant
1997 Dodge Ram

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject:  Newbie from LI (NY) Reply with quote

Hey all... New guy here.

I (my wife actually) have a 2003 Impala that was her fathers, she got it when he died a few years ago. I've hated this car since she got it, her father didn't take such good care of it. But I've been working on it slowly but surely and it's getting better.

When she first got it, it would throw the belt off once in a while. I had a look at it and saw that the balancer looked a little off but wasn't sure if it was an issue. A couple of days later it threw the belt off again and it wouldn't stay on for more than a few minutes. So, the balancer got replaced and it's been fine ever since.

The driver's door is a little bent, her father told me once that he opened the door when it was really windy and the wind pulled it open, now the top doesn't close firmly to the body so there's always some wind noise. When it rains heavy it also rains on your shoulder. I'll have to replace the door once of these days I guess.

There were 4 different wheel covers on it when she got it, I found a set of original Impala covers - the kind that screw onto the lug nuts - but they got stolen within a few weeks of installing. Then I bought some cheap covers and had those on for a few years until they started breaking, I recently found a guy on Amazon who was selling a set that looked like the bolt-on ones but were really just clip on ones. They were cheap, they look like stock so the wife is happy for now.

The headlights were awful, I can't imagine how any light was getting through them at all. They were pitted and clouded, I replaced them last year with a brand new set and now you can see where you're going when you're driving.

Let's see... what else.... the resistor under the glovebox that controls the blower motor stopped working one day, well mostly stopped working. It would only work on the highest setting, nothing else. So I spent an hour or so trying to get my fat hands into that little space to remove the old one and replace it, it's been fine ever since. The switch for the bright headlights works but doesn't keep the brights on, I'm gonna have to look at that one day but for now it's ok.

Other than that, it's fine. My wife won't ever get rid of it because it was her father's car so as long as she's happy with it so am I. You know what they say, happy wife, happy life. LOL

So that's my story.

Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.27

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Buick Regal
2004 Cadillac Escalade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

welcome

WANNA INTERNET FIGHT! ill meet you at 6pm outside the 2000-2005 general impala discuusion Very Happy

98 Buick Regal GS: New DD
04 Escalade ESV: Daily driver (wife's DD)
Chip1035
Dedicated
Dedicated
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.07

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome to the board. Smile
mikelbeck

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2000 Mitsubishi Galant
1997 Dodge Ram

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks! Very Happy

NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.58

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome neighbor!!!!

I am a member on LIDR also, in fact I am the guy you get the decals from.

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2000 Mitsubishi Galant
1997 Dodge Ram

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Pitch Black SS wrote:
Welcome neighbor!!!!

I am a member on LIDR also, in fact I am the guy you get the decals from.

Right, I remember that!

I'm the owner of LIDR... But I'm sure you knew that already. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: