NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Hello from Fairbanks
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Hello from Fairbanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonney

Posts per day: 0.01

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject:  Hello from Fairbanks Reply with quote

I'm originally from New Zealand, living in Fairbanks Alaska, familiar with the Buick 3800 as GM subsidiary Holden Australia used the Series I and II in their lineup from 1988 to 2004 or so.

I have a 2002 Impala LS (3.8) with every factory option fitted, it started life in Montana and ended up in Alaska where I bought it about a year 1/2 ago. Has been in the same family most of it's life, the interior is in very good condition, nothing worn out or damaged. The body has a few minor scrapes, and scratches.

It was a fairly good buy with 120,000 miles, towbar, roof racks, and a good set of summer tires and studded snow tires for winter. The last owner had ignored the maintenance a little, so the first thing I took care of was getting all the fluids changed, replaced the incorrectly installed thermostat and gave it a new fuel filter, it's had a new battery and MAF sensor also.

It did have a couple of problems I have since fixed, I bypassed the passlock and serviced the lower accumulators and installed a TransGo shift kit to fix the hard shifting problem it had. Next things to do next summer are the intake gaskets and probably an Overkill PCM.

Otherwise it runs well, nice to drive in terms of handling and comfort, and pretty economical, open road driving I get around 32mpg. I think the 7th gen is a nicely styled car, I love the round taillights - being familiar with the Nissan Skyline and its unmistakable round "stove top" taillights (they were common as dirt in NZ) the first time I saw an Impala I had to know what it was!

First pic is taken when I first got it, still had the Montana plates on it. Second one is some time later parked next to my wife's Grand Am.

overlordspock
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.14

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welome to NAIOA !

You might be one of the farthest north members, if not THE farthest north member. Smile

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, Kooks LTs w/ Cats, Corsa Catback, RotoFab CAI, HomeLink
2014 Impala 2LT - Black, No Mods
2008 Silverado LTZ Z71 - Black, Extended Cab, Spray-on Bedliner
2008 Impala SS - Precision Red, Magnaflow, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Overkill Tune, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets — SOLD
2005 Impala LS - Summit White, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets, BBE Monte SS Cluster — SOLD
Lonney

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks!

I see you have a G8 Wink
overlordspock
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.14

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yup. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Impala SS, but when the Chevy SS was announced, I REALLY wanted that car. Price was going to be a factor, so I decided to look at the "previous generation" of the car—the G8. I found a great deal on this car and simply could not pass it up. Unfortunately, that meant the Impala SS had to go. I miss it, but I don't regret the decision I made. The G8 is an AWESOME car.

I love silver on your car. That generation of Impala always looks good in silver, especially contrasting against the black trim. Big Thumbs Up

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, Kooks LTs w/ Cats, Corsa Catback, RotoFab CAI, HomeLink
2014 Impala 2LT - Black, No Mods
2008 Silverado LTZ Z71 - Black, Extended Cab, Spray-on Bedliner
2008 Impala SS - Precision Red, Magnaflow, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Overkill Tune, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets — SOLD
2005 Impala LS - Summit White, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets, BBE Monte SS Cluster — SOLD
Lonney

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

That is the 3rd silver car I have owned, compared to some of the other Impalas I have seen I like the interior color of mine the most, not so keen on the brown/tan type colors.

Good on the G8 and the SS Smile You know those are Australian designed and assembled cars right? Very Happy The G8 is based on the VE Commodore, and the SS on the current VF model - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_VE_Commodore

When the G8 gets to a lower price point in a couple years I'm keen on getting one. Pitty they didnt introduce the wagon in the US.

I dont think I'll part with the Impala since it's the first car I bought in the US, and I really like it, and the online community for these cars is just amazing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: