NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - OG member returns from the dead
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

OG member returns from the dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
9C5
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.17

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject:  OG member returns from the dead Reply with quote

All:

Not new in the least, but haven't been on here in years since selling my 2002 LS (or my 1995 SS for that matter). I logged in to look around as it seems that I may be getting a 2006+ LT due to some unfortunate circumstances that recently befell it's owner.

Nothing final yet, but I wanted to snoop around and find out if the DRL disable problem has been resolved (yes, I've been here that long).

-9C5

barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.55

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Hey welcome back! Looks like you've been on here since almost the beginning.

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.36

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

On the 00-05 models, there is a DRL bypass. I'm not positive if it's compatible, or if there is a new version available, for the 06+ models.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
9C5
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.17

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

barnettimpala wrote:
Looks like you've been on here since almost the beginning.

I was registered here within a few months of the opening, but was lurking from the beginning once I learned about it.

My claim to fame around here back then was that I had the first Chevy L36 pcm tune done by DHP, alongside blackf0rk's and someone else's LA1 in spring 2004. It was a beta-test tune, but I had no issues. The speed limiter was gone, red line was re-mapped, shift points re-mapped, skip shift (3>1) enabled, parked idle RPM was brought up (at my request), fuel map was better, blah blah...it was a good time. We rolled home up the tollway in Chicago burbs testing the various mods and were pleasantly surprised. There's probably a thread or 10 around here about it. Back then, getting a PCM tune was about as easy as renting the White House for a party. It's a different world now.

I still have a DHP t-shirt around here somewhere to prove it... Smile

edit: Here's one thread about it: http://www.naioa.com/v2/module.....p;start=15 You guys will laugh at this today, but we were on the cutting edge back then! Wink

Wingman520
Guru
Guru
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 1.21

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome back! it sucks to see this thread dead as it is now compared to when the hay-day of it all was when I signed up... IMO these engines and vehicles were at their prime when I came around and sadly died quickly after. This site I know is still alive and kicking from some super awesome builds going on and hopefully I'll be able to break some ground before someone else does with my motor. Only time will tell.

2001 Chevy Impala- 186K Retired: 180 T stat, HV3, Wizaired Intake, GMPP Exhaust, Speed Daddy Headers, 1.9 Yella Terra Rockers, Custom LED interior, BBEngineering.com 6 Pod Cluster, Poly Mounts and Bushings, Dyno Tuned by Dyno Brian @ Dyno Tune Motorsports 181 WHP 230 WTQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: