NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

Trunk Insert  NAIOA Advertising
NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Heated seats
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Heated seats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inferno03LS
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.61

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Cadillac Escalade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

thank you guys very much. my pass seat stop working a few weeks ago and i checked all wires and fuse and nothing. ill check the element when it warms up a little.

im getting tired of my fiance complaining about her cold butt
Inferno03LS
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.61

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Cadillac Escalade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

bam fixed was the bottom element so i removed the whole seat. I love you guys Smile fixed 2 things in one day im on a roll
BuffaloSS
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 3.86

2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

My mom just informed me that their driver seat heater no longer works...and that there's a scorch mark on the seat, too. I didn't look at it, but I am pretty sure this thread will help me in the repair...if I feel inclined to offer my assistance Wink

Master Level
Master Level
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 1.2

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

BuffaloSS wrote:
My mom just informed me that their driver seat heater no longer works...and that there's a scorch mark on the seat, too. I didn't look at it, but I am pretty sure this thread will help me in the repair...if I feel inclined to offer my assistance Wink

You can also contact the OP if need be Wink

Inferno03LS wrote:
bam fixed was the bottom element so i removed the whole seat. I love you guys Smile fixed 2 things in one day im on a roll

Heart

Posts per day: 0

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Awesome, just fixed mine. I didn't remove the seat, and it took me about half an hour without anyone helping (though the soldering would have been easier with someone to help hold back the seat cover).

You can see the burn mark on the leather in this picture:

There was a lot of burnt foam on mine:

I had to go up a ways to get a piece of wire that wasn't burnt:
83ElkyToo

Posts per day: 0.01

2002 Chevrolet Impala
1983 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject:  Heated seats Reply with quote

Though it's been a while since anyone posted to this thread, I just wanted to thanks the previous posters who gave me the impetus to fix my heated seat rather than pay the shop $600-700 to do it.

On my 2002 Impala it was the passenger seat. I had to take the whole seat out of the car to work on it but that really wasn't that difficult. After that it was a snap; especially with the guidance and pictures previous posters had provided.

Again, thanks guys.

Dan
SS1AB

Posts per day: 0.02

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Snif ! Heated Seat failure Reply with quote

Well unfortunatley for me, my problem is on the bottom side and not the back. After tearing the seat out and moving the back cover up to expose where I thought the problem was it was not there. I then unfastened the bottom cover and found that it was broken and had burned the bottom cushion. This was not an issue that I had seen posted here before. The only thing I can attribute this to is my wallet is way to fat and it put excess pressure on the bottom cushion. It is broken right where my fat wallet and rear end would be position on the cushion. New bottom and back heated covers along with a new bottom cushion are $900. My car has 302K on it now and I wonder if it is really worth that kind of money to have my heated seats back. I could just replace the bottom but then the back and bottom would not match. Anybody out there know of a used neutral (tan) heated seat cover for sale?
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 3.41

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Check the local scrapyards and/or www.car-part.com

I'm sure you can find a single Heater leather seat for less than 900.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tonglebeak
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.05

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I think I have the same thing going on with my 04 ss. Call me stupid, but:

Quote:
1. Tip the seat as far forward as it will go, reach underneath the seat back, and unzip/unhook the seat cover closure. If you have trouble, make sure your lumbar support is at its minimum setting. Have a friend push on the front of the seat in the lumbar area to loosen the tension on the cover if necessary.

Is this the plastic strip that hooks onto a metal strip, on the back? If it is, how do you get this thing off? If not, then I'm in the completely wrong area. Sad
bigsapper
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.04

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

tonglebeak wrote:
I think I have the same thing going on with my 04 ss. Call me stupid, but:

Quote:
1. Tip the seat as far forward as it will go, reach underneath the seat back, and unzip/unhook the seat cover closure. If you have trouble, make sure your lumbar support is at its minimum setting. Have a friend push on the front of the seat in the lumbar area to loosen the tension on the cover if necessary.

Is this the plastic strip that hooks onto a metal strip, on the back? If it is, how do you get this thing off? If not, then I'm in the completely wrong area. Sad

Yeah, this is where I'm at. I'm having a problem figuring out how to undue the seat cover for the back.
Boosted

Posts per day: 0.05

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Old thread but great info. Another project to tackle... No one likes cold buns LOL

Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.17

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Just wanted to say thank you for this thread, I'm a new Impala owner, (04 ss) and gotta say this thread fixed my driver seat like a charm. Thanks so much!
greenmachine

Posts per day: 0.01

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

My heated seat never worked on my 01 since I got it almost 7yrs ago. finally decided to tear into it. I had checked the wiring/switch/relay out years ago, and thought it was all good. Anyway, the wiring is perfectly fine on my seat bottom. No burns, tears, or weak wires. However, I did notice mine has 4 wires, while the pic just shows 2. Or is the problem in the seat back? Couldn't quite tell from pix where the problem was but took it to be the seat, not that back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: