NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Advertising
NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - got a new ISS today under warranty
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

got a new ISS today under warranty
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2006-2013 Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phileaglesfan
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.31

2007 Chevrolet Impala
2008 Chevrolet Corvette
2009 GMC Yukon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It doesn't hurt to ask, maybe even call Chevy customer service. I hope this new part fixed mine for good.

I waited until it was clunking just moving the steering wheel while parked until I brought it to the dealer.

As far as 09s having the part I wouldn't count on it. I believe the plant where the Impala is made is in Canada and not exactly a real good one for GM. I like my Impala but I question if it built good. I think Chevy concentrated on value too much when they designed it.
07RedJewelTint
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.05

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Great ! ISS (Intermediate Steering Shaft) Reply with quote

I have the 2007 Impala SS with 52,000 miles.

I had complained about the "clunking" noise referred to in this forum that I had in my car. Last week I took it in to my dealer from whom I purchased the car new in October 2006.

They replaced the ISS, part number 25937479, at NO Charge. The fix, so far, seems to have resolved the problem and, as mentioned earlier in this forum, my steering seems to be a bit more precision as well..

Thank you NAIOA forum participants for all the communication. I plan upon keeping my Red Jewel for at least 150,000 miles.[/u]
07RedJewelTint
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject:  Announcement Reply with quote

GM sues supplier over $30M spent on steering repairs
Ed White / Associated Press
Detroit -- General Motors Co. has sued a supplier, saying it has spent more than $30 million fixing problems in the steering systems of the Chevrolet Cobalt, its best-selling small car, and other vehicles.
GM said customers have complained about unusual rattles, "clunks" and other noises. It pinpointed the flaw to "excessive gear backlash," which causes problems in the steering column under certain driving conditions.
The lawsuit names JTEKT North America Inc., based in Plymouth, and an affiliated company, JTEKT Automotive Virginia Inc. of Daleville, Va.
Advertisement
GM said it wants to be paid for replacing thousands of parts under customer warranty claims on the Cobalt, Pursuit, G5, HHR and other cars, starting with 2005 model year.
By fall, the cost had exceeded $30 million, and "GM's damages are expected to continue to increase as additional warranty claims are made," the automaker's lawsuit said.
"JTEKT contends the components all met the specifications and testing requirements that GM gave it," said Bob Haddad, a lawyer for the supplier. "The issues do not affect the operator's ability to control the vehicle. This is a noise issue."
Changes were made at GM's request, and JTEKT continues to provide steering assemblies, Haddad said Monday.
The steering systems are in tens of thousands of GM cars. Court papers do not indicate whether the company considers this a safety issue. A GM spokesman, Alan Adler, had no immediate comment.
The lawsuit was filed in August in Macomb County Circuit Court, amended there in October and moved Nov. 17 to federal court in Detroit.
The Cobalt is GM's best-selling small car and its highest-mileage vehicle. The company sold 90,940 Cobalts through October, but sales are down 46 percent from the same period in 2008.
The car, built in Lordstown, Ohio, is due to be replaced next year by the Chevrolet Cruze, which GM promises will get around 40 miles per gallon on the highway and be competitive with the best small cars in the world.
Auto Writer Tom Krisher contributed to this report.

EvaImpala
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.03

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Everyone still having luck with part number 25937479 ?
07RedJewelTint
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject:  Intermediate Steering Shaft (ISS) Reply with quote

I had the ISS replaced at about 2000 miles ago. Everything working well. I have the 2007 Impala SS at 55, 000 mileage. Did you get the change? How is yours doing?
EvaImpala
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject:  Re: Intermediate Steering Shaft (ISS) Reply with quote

07RedJewelTint wrote:
I had the ISS replaced at about 2000 miles ago. Everything working well. I have the 2007 Impala SS at 55, 000 mileage. Did you get the change? How is yours doing?

Yep, I had it done last year about 39,500 miles. Now i'm around 55,000, still seems solid, knock on wood.
Geneman

Posts per day: 0

2007 Chevrolet Impala
1991 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I just got the same thing replaced under warranty from the dealer. 2007 SS with 30K on the car. I can get the part number from the invoice later if anyone cares, but its probably what ever is the latest I would hope.
abnrdo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.07

2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

abnrdo wrote:
I was at the dealer yesterday and the service manager told me he would cover my ISS because it is a known problem. I have 42K on my car.

ISS bad again....just over 56K.
EvaImpala
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

abnrdo wrote:
abnrdo wrote:
I was at the dealer yesterday and the service manager told me he would cover my ISS because it is a known problem. I have 42K on my car.

Did you have the updated part number or an older ISS part number?
abnrdo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

EvaImpala wrote:
abnrdo wrote:
abnrdo wrote:

It is the new part under the TSB. I am disappointed. IT isnt bad enough yet to feel it under normal driving conditions like the last one. Only while turning.
Going to contact the dealer to see what can be done. Lord knows they get enough business from me.
07RedJewelTint
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject:  ISS - Intermediate Steering Shaft Reply with quote

Hey everyone.
Let's be complete in our responses: Include the part number the dealer used (from their work order/invoice) and any other maintenance that might have been done to correct this specific problem so that we all know what is happening.
See my previous post on this subject. On my car the part number the dealer replaced, according to their documents I received from them is: "25937479 SHAFT". My Impala is a 2007 SS now at about 54000 miles. Shocked
abnrdo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Grrrr !  Reply with quote

EvaImpala wrote:
abnrdo wrote:
abnrdo wrote:

Ok, ISS is definitely bad. I had the ISS changed under warranty on 04/14/2009 at 44,010 miles. The part number was 25937479.
My car currently has 56,566 miles. SInce GM currently is taking the company to court over this issue, I am wondering if there is anything GM will do for me. Maybe bail me out? Send me some economic stimulus my way? Prolly NOT.
07RedJewelTint
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject:  hey ABNRDO Reply with quote

ABNRDO: What would you like to have GM do for you? Rolling Eyes
abnrdo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject:  Re: hey ABNRDO Reply with quote

07RedJewelTint wrote:
ABNRDO: What would you like to have GM do for you? Rolling Eyes

Well, made the appointment and explained to my service guy John. He said no problem, we will repair it under warranty! Awesome! So, I was at the dealer on Friday. They replaced the ISS with part number 25937479. They showed me the old one, compared to the new one. The old one did not have the nylon spacer, or shaft bearing. So...we will see how this one does. Also, the new ISS made the steering wheel slanted to the right. Looks like I need an alignment, then all should be better.
07RedJewelTint
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject:  ISS Reply with quote

ABNDRO: good work, good information
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2006-2013 Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: