NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

Briggs Auto Group - Discount GM Parts & Accessories 
NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Increase you factory autostart range
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Increase you factory autostart range

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2006-2013 General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheNinja

Posts per day: 0.01

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject:  Increase you factory autostart range Reply with quote

Just for an update, I did get the Datastart autostart range booster. It comes with one two way remote, so it confirms starts, unlock, lock, trunk, and unkeyed entry on a lcd key chain remote and another one way remote. This system works directly with the oem so all the wiring for doors an trunk and ignition is not necessary. It is suppose to be 2000ft range. I haven't tested the exact range in feet yet, but I work in a hospital and it works from inside the hospital accross our front parking lot then accross a 6 lane street then into the parking ramp. I didn't get this a the dealership it was just through an auto accessories shop. Very short install time, I picked my car up in less then 2hrs after I dropped it off.
dts3p
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.53

2006 Chevrolet Impala
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Hmmm, a lazy google search didn't turn up much. Do you have any pics? I'd like to see the two way remote. Also, how much did it cost you?
TheNinja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The rep says it works with 07 and up GM vehicles and right now it does say Datastart on it but it is an Astrostart brand or manufacturer. List was $312 but they put it in for $275 wich is a lot cheaper then going with a regular Astrostart (one that does not work with the OEM) Again basicaly it is a range booster and you get new remotes. The factory remotes still work as well. I will try and put a picture of the remote up this weekend, but I am terrible at that. If you are interested in one just find an Astrostart dealership and they should be able to get them. For the installers this has got to be so much easier and so much less time install.
DiscoStudd
Dedicated
Dedicated
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.12

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Sounds intriguing. Can't wait to see the pics!

Kevin B.
2004 Chevy Impala | 3400 SFI | 4T65-E
1999 Chevy Tahoe LT | 5.7 VORTEC | 4L60-E | 4X4
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TheNinja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject:  Picture of the remote Reply with quote

Here is the pictue of the remote. This is just a add on to the factory system. 2000ft range 2 way remote. Also came with another 1-way remote and the factory remotes still work as well.
[/url]
DiscoStudd
Dedicated
Dedicated

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

So does it retain the "progressive unlocking?'' Meaning, one press of the unlock button unlocks the driver's door only, the second press unlocks the rest...

Kevin B.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TheNinja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It will unlock all the doors with one click (99% sure). With the new remote you don't have to hit lock then start either, it is just a double click on the start button. I have been doing some long range testing and it really is amazing.

Dedicated
Dedicated

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Wow, so it behaves just like the Clifford remote start system I have on my 04. Do you know if they can add on an alarm to the system? I'm totally sold on it if they can add one on!

I did some Google-ing and all I came up with was a store that was selling the various Datastart systems. They didn't list which models went to what cars, nor did they list any dealers that installed them. Confused2

Kevin B.
TheNinja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I am only guessing if the car came with a factory alarm then it may. This is not a new install and only works with the factory system. I was told it was only for 07 and up.

Posts per day: 0.02

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

So any more info on this kit? What exactly do they do for the update?
TheNinja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

From what I understand it was an add on to the factory auto start. So instead of wiring all new componets like locks, trunk, ignition, etc, the new unit plugged right in the factory system, but the new "computer" controls the autostart system. It does add another antenna, but the range is incredible. Plus its a two way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2006-2013 General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: